Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"General Request for Bids" : Nyland Military Overhaul
As most of you know, I've been working on updating the military for Nyland for a while now. I know what I want to do as far as numbers and composition goes. However, I don't have the time to both research and design the hardware for an entire military anymore, like I used to do. So, I'm really looking for some assistance from others, to come and fill in the specifics.

This data on Nyland's military hardware will then go with Nyland's database as part of its OOB/military information. Credit will be given to contributors

What's needed?

1) Pictures/designs. These can either be found pictures from the internet, or self-designed work, either 2d or 3d; I generally prefer unique self-designed stuff. Designwise, let's try to keep things consistent: we're looking for hardware that fits a "near-future" look for the next generation, preferably with US/NATO design influences.

2) Info & Specifications. These don't need to be immensely detailed, but we need at least basic information. I'm not a military guy and haven't really touched military specs or done research on this in 8+ years, so I'm not going to be much help, but I'll try to let you know minimum requirements.

I may need projected/possible production prices, too.

Thanks to all who reply and help. I'll now (try to) go into some detail on what's needed.

The Army & Marines (Land equipment, basically)

1) Personal Combat Equipment - Armor, weapons, etc...I honestly don't even know anything about this anymore. I'm not any help at all with this.

2) Attack Helicopters - Firepower is king, but stealth and survivability is important (not necessarily in that order), especially effective future countermeasures against man-portable rockets etc; better as fuck be able to provide sustained and effective fire support in the AO, especially for urban combat. I have the Comanche in my mind, but I know that's not a good example, and you can build a fucking future-Hind if you want and I'll probably be happy.

3) Vertical-lift transport/utility aircraft - I don't even know, most likely speed and survivability. We're lifting both equipment and people with these, and if built as a modular or multipurpose frame, may very well be used in several other roles. It's not glamorous, but this one will probably need a couple designs.

4) Main Battle Tank(s) - The Abrams is a shit tank. Challenger is love, Challenger is life. Seriously though, no turbine engines. Survivability, survivability, survivability; I don't care what's shooting at it, if it can't avoid a hit, then it better be able to take a hit and keep going. As far as the gun goes, must have similar or better properties as the GIAT CN120-26/52; smoothbore preferred, and must accept both HESH-type and kinetic AT ammunition. As far as secondaries go, I'm much more lenient, and it's up to you if you want missiles, rockets, MG, etc.

5) Infantry Fighting Vehicle(s) - Again, survivability, especially in urban environments, but this isn't an MBT; keep the weight down and keep it mobile so that it can avoid taking hits. Must be capable of filling multiple roles depending on loadout, such as serving as command/medical/engineer vehicle, or taking troops into combat as an infantry support vehicle, a mobile indirect fire platform, or even a direct-fire tank-killer with an MBT armament, idk.

Alternatively (or in addition too), a lighter version can be made (think LAV-25 to the Bradley). Keep it light and fast, but will be able to fill all of the above roles in a high-mobility recon or strike capacity. Air-transportable & amphibious is a must. In either case, these are replacing designated APCs, and carrying troops into combat and supporting them is their primary role.

6) Light Armored/Reconnaissance Vehicle(s) - Need two kinds: one is replacing the "Humvee" as the general purpose workhorse. You know it well. Make the Humvee Great Again.

The other, though, is a more combat-oriented light vehicle, purpose built to see use on high-risk, high-danger situations where the operators are likely to see ambush or combat. As such, it must be resistant or even immune to common forms of enemy/insurgent operations, such as mines, IED, shoulder-fired rockets, etc. However, it must still remain fast and agile.

7) utility trucks, anti-air, artillery, unmanned vehicles, etc... I don't know. *shrugs*

The Air Force (I guess?)

1) Multirole Combat Aircraft - These things will become the universal air weapons platform of the future, primarily replacing all designated air-superiority fighters while also having capability to perform bomber and ground attack roles. Will need both "normal" and a "lighter" carrier-capable version. Surely I don't need to give a complete laundry list...capability should at leat meet or preferably exceed world rivals.

2) Close Air Support - I remain unconvinced as to the ability of multirole aircraft to provide effective, loitering fire support, but the not-A-10 is old growing increasingly obsolete. This one is a challenge...how can we create a modern/future CAS aircraft? Must be able to infiltrate an AO quickly and with little/no warning, while still having the control and survivability to loiter above an enemy position and pump consistent and heavy fire in support of ground forces. We cannot compromise on loadout, so the design must be able to match the not-A-10 in firepower, fully loaded.

3) Bombers, tactical/attack/interdictor & strategic - Get in, drop the load, get out. Do it fast, and don't be seen; is there really much more I need to say? On that note...

4) Stealth whatever - At this point, everything should be "stealth" in some capacity or another. I don't see the need for a separate "stealth" armament.

5) Transport/recon/utility, etc - Need heavy, medium, and light transports, with medium and light versions serving in the various other utility, obervation, refueling, etc roles that need filled.

6) Drones & whatever - We need some, I guess.

The Navy (yeah, boats!)

Thankfully, DeShaine was already gracious enough to provide ship designs for the next generation of Nyland's navy, and they look great. However, I don't have specifications etc for any of them, so specifics and information for each of them will be appreciated. I've listed them below, if you want to look at them.
I guess that's it for now? I don't know if I've forgotten stuff. I guess we'll find out.
Just to clarify, if you have hardware in your nation that fits these criteria or better, by all means feel free to submit them. This is a complete overhaul and upgrade of Nyland's military; for example, it's looking at acquiring 21k+ new IFV for the Army alone. While I prefer seeing new custom hardware, I won't begrudge people for submitting stuff they already have if it's good enough.
Arkiania can license its Leopárdali combat system to Nyland. It comes in different variants. It includes an APC, Self-propelled anti-aircraft gun, and a Combat engineering vehicle.

Show ContentSpoiler:

Specifications
TypeHeavy APC, SPAA, or CRV
In Service1575-present
Used ByRoyal Armed Forces of Arkiania
WarsOctitanian Civil War
Designer and ManufacturerTavium Military Armaments
Unit cost$3 million
Weight60 tonnes
CrewCommander, Driver, Gunner, 9 passengers
Main ArmamentRCWS with 12.7 mm machine gun or GMG30mm Autocannon2x35mm autocannon(SPAA)
Secondary ArmamentSmoke grenade dischargers4x AA missiles
Engine1200hp turbocharged diesel engine
Power/weight20 hp/ton
SuspensionHelical Spring
Operation range500 km (310 mi)
Speed60 km/h (40 mph)
[Image: x0W6Jbv.png]
Ljus Bepansrade Rekognoscering Fordon

Show ContentImages:

The Ljus Bepansrade Rekognoscering Fordon (Light Armored Reconnaissance Vehicle) is the latest design from Nilsson Systems Ltd. to be proposed to Nyland's military. The vehicle is a Mine-Resistant Ambush Protected light armored vehicle designed to be used in two roles on the field of battle: that of a "combat oriented" light vehicle designed to support infantry as well as being a "workhorse" vehicle that makes up the backbone of Nyland's mobile infantry. The vehicle was designed with the lessons of the Tambossa conflict kept close in mind. As such the vehicle is fitted with a Monocoque, V shaped hull to aid in resistance to IEDs and anti-vehicle mines. The LBRF also has counter-IED ECM/Jammer equipment mounted on-board. The windows are made of Nilsson System's patented bullet resistant glass, five layers of tempered glass and a layer of poly-carbonate on the "safe side", and are rated against all standard small arms. The interior of the vehicle is lined with Kevlar for added crew protection. The LBRF can fit any role on the battlefield thanks to the four variants of the vehicle. The flagship variant features a 12.7x100mm heavy machine gun mounted on a CROWs system. The other variants include a 20mm auto cannon, a 40mm rapid grenade launcher, and a 115mm guided anti-tank missile. As for defensive capabilities, a smoke screen launcher is mounted atop the CROWs system, and the CROWs system a contains passive laser-guidance jamming system. At 14.5 tonnes, the LBRF is not only light, but with a top speed of 110 Km/h it is also fast as well as agile. This vehicle is designed not only with the battlefield in mind, but the safety of Nyland's combat personnel in mind.
TypeMRAP/LRV
Place of OriginNyland
DesignerNilsson Systems Limited
Designed in1581
ManufacturerNilsson Systems Limited
Produced~100
Cost$850,000.00-$1,000,000.00
Weight14.5 tonnes
Length4.5 m
Width1.7 m
Height2 m
Crew2+4 (Driver, Gunner + 4 Passengers)
ArmorMonocoque V-hull
ArmamentVariant Alfa: 12.7mm Machine Gun
Variant Bravo: 40mm Grenade Launcher
Variant Charlie: 20mm Autocannon
Variant Delta: 115mm ATGM
EngineNilsson 550 I6-D, 550 HP Diesel
Suspension4x4 Double Wishbone Suspension
Ground Clearnace36.5 Cm
Operational Range700 Km
SpeedRoad: 110 Km/h
Offroad: 85 Km/h
[Image: Wbs3DMM.png]
Thanks again to DeShaine, who just submitted specs for all the new naval equipment. I'll add that in above (spoilered, probably) later.
Several Taeunas companies have what Nyland is looking for, and the quality of all designs and materials is the equal of that put into the recent naval design contracts.

[Image: goVCBUv.png]

Aerodyne Industries specializes in larger aircraft, and submits the following bids:

Show ContentSupport Aircraft:

Show ContentBomber:

[Image: aet2KS1.png]

Hughes Aeronautics is proud to make the follwoing offer:

Show ContentFighter Aircraft:

Show ContentVTOL and Rotary Wing:

[Image: fire_breathing_dragon_tattoo_version_1_b...4ophwh.jpg]

From Dragan Industries, a world leader in ground warfare technology and design, the following equipment:

Show ContentArmor Vehicles:

Show ContentUtility Vehicle:

Show ContentSmall Arms:
Republic of Taeunas Database
RTT News

Only the strongest will survive... lead me to heaven when I die...
I am the shadow on the wall... I'll be the one to save us all...

Constitutionalist

DeSchaine's Shipyard
Wouldn't Nyland produce its own stuff?

Contracting a foreign government to produce it would be... interesting...
Oertha told me over in the chat that he has no problems importing from other countries and in the case of licensing. Nyland would be producing its own licenses version. Sort of like how the chinese produce a licensed version of the Su-27 for their airforce.
^

It's mainly a question of certain hardware, especially internals, uniformity of munitions, alterations to meet mission requirements, etc. Given the massive R&D portion Lines builds into his military spreadsheets, I'm assuming these things have already been researched, trialed and funded ICly, I'm just trying to play catch-up in regards to figuring out what's going into production and use.

Thanks to all who've replied so far.
[Image: x0W6Jbv.png]
Automatgevär 5
Show ContentImages:

The Automatgevär 5 (Automatic Rifle 5) is an assault rifle designed by Nilsson Systems Ltd. for proposal to the military forces of Nyland. It is chambered in 6.5x50mm 'Svartalf' and has both three round burst and automatic fire capabilities. There are currently two variants of the weapon: assault rifle and personal defense weapon though several future variants are planned. The A-5 is designed to maximize durability, ease of maintenance, and platform reliability especially in a combat environment. The modular design not only makes it easy to care for, but also lets a soldier swap out barrels, butt stocks, and hand guards on the fly. The picatinny rail system allows for use of any compatible device or optic. The A-5 is truly the future of personal combat weapons.
TypeAssault Rifle/Carbine
Place of OriginNyland
DesignerNilsson Systems Limited
Designed in1579
ManufacturerNilsson Systems Limited
ProducedAssault Rifle: ~350
PDW: ~100
CostPDW Variant: $1,000.00
Assault Rifle Variant: $1,200.00
WeightUnloaded: 3 Kg
Loaded: 3.6 Kg
LengthAssault Rifle: 68.8 Cm
PDW: 52.4 Cm (Stock Extended)
Barrel LengthAssault Rifle: 33.9 Cm
PDW: 21.5 Cm
Cartridge6.5x50mm 'Svartalf'
ActionGas-operated, rotating bolt
Rate of Fire700 rpm
Muzzle Velocity750 m/s-900 m/s
Effective Range500 m-600 m
Maximum Range3,000 m
Feed System20-round detachable magazine
SightsRear flip aperture, front post iron sights; Any attachments compatible with picatinny rails
[Image: Wbs3DMM.png]