RECORDS DEPARTMENT
PERSONNEL RECORDS

DePuis, Anna Rochelle
Major

Born:
August 11, 2319 (30 years of age)
New Quebec City, Mars, United Martian Republic

Summary of service record:
Anna DePuis was born into one of the richest families on Mars. The DePuis family holds controlling interests in several of Mars' military contractors. Anna enrolled in Elysium Military Academy and found her niche during close quarters combat drills, both in microgravity and in gravity. Her instructors recommended she join the Martian Marine Corp at graduation and she was commissioned as a Second Lieutenant in the MMC. After a period of 5 years, she was promoted only once and insisted she be transferred to the UN Security Forces. Intelligence speculates her parent's distaste in her decision to join the MMC and/or personality conflicts with her superiors in the MMC lead her to transfer, though there is the possibility that she is a mole for Martian Military Intelligence. Her superiors in the UN Security Forces have rated her highly in every Officer Evaluation Report and she has been promoted twice in the three years since her transfer.

Her High ratings, in combination with her Martian birth have lead her to be nominated as Commanding Officer, Security Detachment aboard UNS Horizon.
Is He Active Now? Only Time Will Tell...
I won't say that you can't have a major, but the marine detachment on the Horizon is merely squad sized and would typically be led by an NCO.
Also we still need a captain and at least one scientist.
Personally, I'll add the marine attachment to the Crew List; though I imagine most will be NPCs, aside from Raz.
Yall can make posts about being approached for your various positions or whatever kind of pre-voyage character build up you want, if you want. I'll probably make a post with my character later.
Flo's Character.

Quote:UNITED NATIONS SPACE NAVY
RECORDS DEPARTMENT
PERSONNEL RECORDS

Richards, Victor F.
2nd Lieutenant

Born:
April 22, 2317 (32 years of age)
Ottawa, Canada, North American Commonwealth

Summary of service record:
Victor Frank Richards graduated from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology at the age of 27 with a Doctorate in Astrophysics, and a Bachelors in Chemistry. Following graduation he enrolled in the UNSN Officer Academy Program and was funneled into the Science Officer program. After the standard year of training he graduated top of his class and was assigned a position on a research station orbiting Uranus and granted the rank of Second Lieutenant. He, and the team he was leading, made several breakthroughs in various projects funded by the UNSN. He became Deputy Director of the station at the age of 30. He has recently re-enlisted after the end of his 4 year contract with the UNSN, signing on for at least the next 8 years.

Lieutenant Richards has apparently been chosen as Chief Science Officer for the UNS Horizon.

Richards has been criticized by his peers for being "too private" and "self-centered". However, his superiors tend to praise him and mark these traits as "side effects of his profound genius".
[Image: Wbs3DMM.png]
(02-18-2017, 08:49 PM)Jamzor the Jaxxor Wrote: I won't say that you can't have a major, but the marine detachment on the Horizon is merely squad sized and would typically be led by an NCO.
I think that humanity's first Extra Solar expedition would probably rate a higher rank to lead the Marines, if not a larger Marine detachment. In my vision, the Major was probably just given a post that would be politically pleasing on multiple levels.
Is He Active Now? Only Time Will Tell...
I'll agree with Raz on the rank bit, its more of the position in this case that matters anyways. Position tends to override rank in most cases, however 4 marines I think are enough. This is not a huge ship, its big enough for 20 People, most of which are already military and have military training. So I think the Marine detatchment is a proper size, considering this is not the enterprise from The Next Generation, it is more of a ship from Stargate if anything.
8 marines would be best to ensure security.
I think 8 is too much, but I will live with it....as the Operations officer I dont want too many hands doing nothing Tongue