Poll: Vote for any artists you like. You have unlimited votes.
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Samira Asnake
36.36%
4 36.36%
Monsoon Boys
9.09%
1 9.09%
Kent
45.45%
5 45.45%
Nanne
9.09%
1 9.09%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Melodifestivalen Grand Finale 1581
Melodifestivalen 1581

Welcome to Melodifestivalen once again, Nyland's premier musical performance contest. From the greatest hit artists of the year to the hottest up-and-coming names, nowhere else can anyone see such a collection of top musicians and best-of-the best performing artists the country has on offer.

Now, after two years and two seasons of the show, we're back with this, the Grand Finale of 1581, where we invite back winners and runners-up of the last two years, as well as notable secret wild card acts, for a shot at claiming the greatest prize on the greatest stage in Nyland, and a chance to represent Nyland in the ever wonderful, international Voice of Siora music competitons! We have a hot selection this year, folks, as the quality's only just kept getting better and better. Now let us meet our contestants, and see who can wow the audience and the judges as Nyland's favorite performing act and claim glory as your Melodifestivalen Grand Champions!

The contestants:

-- to be added --

Show Contentclicky click for the post template:

If you want to enter a "wild card" entry into this, you'll find a form to fill out below. Otherwise, this is just for some voting. Remember that all entries must use languages found in Nyland (i.e. Swedish, English [but try to pick something that's not stupid popular, please], some flavor of Spanish, whatever native American, etc).

This is where the thing will go when I finish it, and I'll finish it when I do my first post after this one.
Semira Asnake

Semira Asnake rides high into this grand final off of a win in the finals of the 1580 Melodifestivalen. Releasing her first ever album back in 1578, Semira's soulful sultry sounds, powerful lyrics and deep social commentary instantly captured the attention of the nation as she soared to the top of Nyland's music charts and into multi-platinum history as one of the country's most successful breakout artists.

Now, she returns for the Grand Final with a new song from her second album, just released in the past month, Pistols at Dawn.
Monsoon Boys

Masters of lost loves and summetime laments for nearly 15 years now, the Monsoon Boys nearly grasped victory in Melodifestivalen 1580 before eventually being named as 2nd place runners-up, but here in the Grand Finals, they have a second chance at glory with their recently released summertime single hit, Payphone.
Kent

ooc: (It is damn near impossible to find live recordings of these guys, I swear.)

For more than twenty years, Kent have been Nyland's premier and most decorated pop/alternative rock group, with an expansive career of more than twelve full albums, many of which have gone platinum and garnered countless awards. 1581, however, saw them release their final album Then as Now for Ever and kicking off their farewell tour by proving that they still had "it" after all these years and becoming finalist winners in that year's Melodifestivalen...not a bad way to announce your retirement. Having won the festival before in 1573, Kent has returned with their new #1 hit Forgiveness, to prove to Nyland and the world that they are, in fact, the "best damn rock act this country's ever known."
Nanne

Nanneeeeeeeeeeee

Nanne! The Queen of Pop returns to music once again for an impressive fourth decade, and she's hardly looked or sounded better! With powerful, growling vocals, Nanne narrowly missed a win in 1581, instead settling for second-place runner-up, but that won't stop here from coming back for the Grand Final and showing everyone how wrong they were last time with a performance of Håll om Mig, delivered in a way that only Nanne can deliver it.
Call lines are now open to receive your votes! Vote for all your favorite artists, and help us determine who is really the best in Nyland! Don't worry if you can't decide; you can always change your vote later.