Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Year of Silence
So... I have been in retirement for a short period, but once again I felt the clamor of returning here. But I will not be here nearly as much as I was; matters in the region of Equinox have taken up what free time I have had. When I left, I had instructed the administration to retcon Tuscarawas. Unfortunately, I had gotten nowhere with Tuscarawas and am now back down a single nation. I had originally requested Angiris to be an NPC, but now that I am back-ish, I am reclaiming the reins of power over the Empire.

That brings me to this... what has transpired in the Angirisian Empire for the last RP year. From the looks of things, I had completely missed 1580. That was a year where another election would take place, and preparations for the upcoming World Cup, Confederations Cup and other major events would be finished. So... without further ado:

Alvan 1580
- Angirisian Imperialist Party collapses; the four Senators elected in 1578 as Imperialists drift into the Orthodox Conservative Party
- Imperial government shuts down for six days following budget impasse in Senate and Chancellor Aerandariel Apotecarius's refusal to accept Conservative-proposed cuts in social programs and a reduction in old age benefits. A compromise is reached after Emperor Tyrael publicly threatens to dissolve the Senate if a budget were not reached by the end of the month.

Dosa
- Chancellor Apotecarius sacks his Ministers of Justice and Finance after a money laundering scandal breaks out, engulfing the Justice and Finance Offices.
- Foreign Minister Christophos Caesarius orders heightened security at the Imperial embassy in New Galasia.

Marth
- Political parties begin discussing nominees for Chancellor, Senate.
- Chancellor Apotecarius announces he will seek a second term as a Republican.
- Orthodox Conservatives nominate Senator Mortius Daius of Roanakiae for Chancellor of the Empire.
- Headmaster of the Yshari Sanctum in Caldeum steps down following prostitution scandal and subsequent attempt at a cover-up of the incident. Most students transfer to either the Imperial University in Cathedrium or attend schools in their home states.

Quartyr
- Construction begins on a new Imperial Tower on Capitoline Hill in Cathedrium, which will serve as a new home for the Emperor and his family. It will also be a public library, technology lab and public forum for citizens.
- Construction is completed on new Arena at the Capitol Complex, which is said to be able to hold a little over 100,000 spectators. Reports that renovations on stadiums in Tristram, Columbiana City and Caldeum are nearing completion.
- Two people are murdered in Paladium following a series of nasty exchanges between police and Akhadists accusing the local authorities of oppression. An investigation is opened by the Imperial Office of Justice into the matter, overseen by the Director of Investigation.

Fein
- Conservatives nominate Professor Krios Periclium for Chancellor of the Empire.
- Federalists nominate former Xiansai governor Li Ming for Chancellor of the Empire.

Zechyr
- No major events took place in Zechyr 1580.

Septem
- Republicans renominate Chancellor Aerandariel Apotecarius for second term as Chancellor of the Empire.
- Democrats nominate Khanduras governor Stanus Holus for Chancellor of the Empire.
- Communists decline to nominate a candidate for Chancellor but announce support for Federalist nominee Li Ming.

Ochtyr
- Construction completed on Tristram Imperial Colosseum, which can now hold 52,000 spectators.
- City of Daytium files formal complaint against the city of Cuyahoga to the Imperial government, accusing Cuyahoga of manipulating business contracts and cheating the city of out of billions of coin.

Nueva
- Renovation completed on stadiums in Columbiana City and Caldeum.
- Angirisian World Cup committee reports to SIFA that the Empire is ready for the 1582 World Cup.

Dein
- Opinion polls have Chancellor Apotecarius winning re-election, Republicans winning most seats in Senate.

Elva
- Preliminary report filed by Justice Office says that Paladium officials have routinely ordered police to crack down on Akhadists by using various means such as trumped up charges to hefty fines. Riots break out in the city, forcing Imperial Legion forces to take action to keep the peace.

Tolven
- Chancellor Aerandariel Apotecarius wins most votes in national election but fails to win 50% +1. A run-off is scheduled for first week of Treizen.
- Republican Party wins Senate Election, taking 29 seats. Conservatives end up with 16, Orthodox Conservatives with 14, Democrats with 14, Federalists with 5, and Communists with 1.

Treizen
- In runoff election, Chancellor Apotecarius ® wins reelection, defeating Krios Periclium © with the elimination of Li Ming (F), Stanus Holus (D), and Mortius Daius (OC) in Tolven.

Vintyr
- No major events took place in Vintyr 1580.

Alvan 1581
- Chancellor Apotecarius, new Senate sworn in to new term in office.
- Antony Mellis, former rival of Apotecarius, appointed new Justice Minister. He is later confirmed by the Senate.

Dosa 1581
- Chancellor Apotecarius signs new economics bill into law, loosening some economic restrictions on businesses but implementing an "exit tax" on companies who send jobs to other countries at the expense of local communities.
AERANDARIEL
THE GENTLEMAN VILLAIN

The Angirisian Empire/Dominion (2014- 2020)
The Solhaven Confederacy (2017-2020)
The Romulan Republic (2019-2020)

"If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader." - John Quincy Adams

Goood to see you back. I wouldnt want you to miss 1582 Smile