Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HISTORY DISCUSSION: Akitsu's former colonial empire
So. Yeah. Title says a lot. I want to work out where Akitsu's former colonial empire would've been, and just want to check with everyone else to make sure people are cool with it.

Akitsu's colonial expansion would've been driven by three main factors.

Firstly, Akitsu would've wanted to secure resources for it's growing industrial economy after modernization.

Secondly, Akitsu would've wanted to secure trading partners, basically markets to sell it's products to.

Finally, Akitsu would've wanted to build up a collection of countries in Xia affiliated with it to try and create a unified force against other colonial powers.

So yeah. Akitsu's colonial empire would likely be largely limited to Xia, and even then likely a small number of countries close to it. Keep in mind Akitsu would've been a little late to the modernization and colonial game so... there could potentially have been a war or two with a more powerful colonial power (namely, Akitsu would definitely have been willing to go to war to secure a good port for it's colony/colonies).

Are there any issues that people have so far?
Sternland is not to be colonized, not in the present or the past. Even tough it's in the asian continent it is to be considered european.
We could have had a war were you were repelled back into the sea. Or we could be solid tradepartners
(05-20-2020, 12:10 PM)Soyabarian Empire Wrote: Sternland is not to be colonized, not in the present or the past. Even tough it's in the asian continent it is to be considered european.
We could have had a war were you were repelled back into the sea. Or we could be solid tradepartners

I mean, okay? I'm not exactly trying to decide where it was, that would come a bit later and I've only been looking at land unclaimed by a person so far.

Besides Akitsu wouldn't have gotten anywhere close to taking the whole continent (seriously Akitsu probably would've been destroyed if they tried that). Not to mention Sternland is closer to the European continent than Akitsu is, if anyone did colonizing there (not saying it happened, you've made it clear you don't want that to be the case, this is just hypothetically speaking) then it definitely wouldn't have been Akitsu. Someone would've beat Akitsu to it, so to speak.

Not sure why you immediately have to go on like "not my country". If you don't want it, then it didn't happen to your country. Simple as. I would've asked you directly if I wanted it to be your country.
I know, I didn't mean it as offensive as it has come accros so I'm sorry for that.
But to make it clear, I'd be happy to be a long standing trading party with you!