Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
Empire
Halvadag, Lanlania, HLE
Wednesday, 18 Dein 1582
9:12 P.M.

"You don't look happy."

Bernard Alexander Sandlund, Leader of the Moderate Party, Prime Minister of the Holy Lanlanian Empire, retired Imperial Marines Colonel, and a veteran of 33 years in Holy Lanlanian politics froze in place. It was for a only moment, though his wife nonetheless took him by complete surprise. "The times are tough," Sandlund answered, taking off his shirt and throwing it into the hamper. He sat on their bed to remove his shoes and slacks. "You've seen how the state of the empire."

"That's not what I meant," Margaret replied, shaking her head and letting out a tired sigh. The two had been married for over 40 years now and had been together since high school. Margaret followed him when moved with the Marines and they'd even raised five kids together. Had over a dozen grandkids, and were starting to see grandchildren. "You rarely look at me anymore."

Sandlund threw his shoes aside a little too roughly. "I'm tired, Margaret," he whispered, looking at her only with the corner of his eyes. "It's been very stressful these last few years. Everyday it's protests this, riots that, movements here, and...." He sighed exasperatedly, looking back at the wall beside their bed.

Maragret nodded, reached out and placed a hand on  her husband's shoulder. "I know it's difficult, Darling. And it's starting to affect your life at home. When was the last time you took a moment to talk to our children? Have you even see a photo of your Alice?" Sandlund scowled. Which one was Alice? "Did you even know your granddaughter gave birth?" Oh. "Maybe it's time you take a break from politics. We're almost 70. Let the younger generations take over."

Her husband spun around to face her then, a shocked look on his face. "I can't abandon the empire now," he cried. "Not with that snake so powerful."

"Honey...your health is failing. I'm worried. Please think it over." In the last few years, Sandlund hair had turned completely gray, and the wrinkles on his face were beginning to overall the creams his aids applied. He'd also began to put on more weight.

Still, he shook his head. "Let's sleep. I've an early morning tomorrow."
Role Play States

Holy Lanlanian Empire
Holy Emperor: Feryn I
Prime Minister: Klaus Lofgren
The Holy Lanlanian Empire is a multi-ethnic state based in western Brigidna with territories all across the globe. It is a relic of an older age, an absolute monarchy hidden under a functioning democracy. The empire has historically been the world's leading power, though has long been in decline and was recently overtaken by the Republic of Nyland. Nonetheless, the empire is not an opponent to take lightly.

Ishnalli Empire
Empress: Lanryu-il
Chancellor: IDEK
The greatest country in the world. It's YUUUUGGGEEEE.

Messages In This Thread
Empire - by Ayzek - 03-16-2017, 11:26 PM
RE: Empire - by Ayzek - 03-20-2017, 01:04 AM
RE: Empire - by Ayzek - 03-21-2017, 01:38 AM
RE: Empire - by Ayzek - 03-23-2017, 01:13 AM
RE: Empire - by Soyabarian Empire - 03-26-2017, 11:14 AM
RE: Empire - by Ayzek - 06-22-2017, 10:49 PM
RE: Empire - by Ayzek - 07-17-2017, 10:24 PM
RE: Empire - by Ayzek - 07-18-2017, 01:02 AM
RE: Empire - by Ayzek - 07-18-2017, 11:11 PM