Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
Empire
Halvadag, Lanlania, HLE
Saturday, 7 Dein 1582
11:19 A.M.

Damen Freed Styrlund, Crowned Holy Lanlanian Emperor Damen II, was 38 now. He'd ascended the throne seven years ago now, shortly after his father was assassinated by Azreaen separatists. Sitting where his father once sat, watching his own son fiddle with some trinket where he once did, he better understood why his father was always so distant and aloof. The weight of the Empire and its people, its wants and needs, its troubles—it was all quite heavy. And there were many troubles. Reactionary forces marched on the streets, spreading chaos and discord, while the far reaches of the empire were little short of open rebellion—all of it just barely held together by the tired hands of an aging politician.

He closed and rubbed his eyes, letting out a tired sigh. Democracy was killing the empire.

"Tired, Father?"

"Just a bit, Feryn," Damen answered, glancing at his boy. He grew up so fast. The memory of holding a mewling baby, awestruck by human life and fretting over its fate, was still clear in Damen's mind. Feryn looked more like his mother. "I was up deep into the night yesterday."

The boy nodded, pouted. "That's not fair, Father. I want to stay up late too."

Damen rolled his eyes. "Playing video games, I assume?" The Emperor reached his feet and ruffled the boy's silky golden hair as he passed. The garden air was fresh and the sun was warm despite the Fall season. Damen and his family had stepped out into the garden to enjoy it. "How's it going, Honey?" he asked, stepping between two rows of roses. Sitting at the edge of the fountain where his wife and daughter, a wide book in the latter's hands.

Lariss was pregnant with their third child.

"Great, Daddy," Hayley answered. She was 10, a year younger than her brother. While the boy fiddled with his video games, she enjoyed books. Biology books, to Damen's surprise.

"But we're running out of tea," Lariss added, raising a metal tray from the stone edge. "Could you bring us more?"

"Mmm, in a bit," Damen replied, taking the tray and setting it on his lap as he sat next to his wife. "First let me enjoy your company, Honey, I'm so tired."

"That meeting did drag on, didn't it?"

Damen nodded. "That fool continues to stir up the people and cause all sorts of trouble. I'm seriously considering intervening."

His wife scowled. "What he's doing is certainly dangerous. For everyone." Her father, King of Galeae, was killed by a similar demagogue.

"Yes. But Crown intervention in riksdag matters is equally dangerous. It's been far too long since its exercised its prerogatives." Indeed, the last several Holy Lanlanian Emperors were rather passive, allowing the elected riksdag to control most domestic affairs, and even exercise some influence abroad. But a multitude of controlling powers were nonetheless available to it.

"They are clamoring for a strong leader," Lariss whispered, glancing at her husband. "And I'd say you're a far better choice than that madman."

Damen met her eyes. A silence hung over them for several moments before he smiled thinly and went for the tea.
Role Play States

Holy Lanlanian Empire
Holy Emperor: Feryn I
Prime Minister: Klaus Lofgren
The Holy Lanlanian Empire is a multi-ethnic state based in western Brigidna with territories all across the globe. It is a relic of an older age, an absolute monarchy hidden under a functioning democracy. The empire has historically been the world's leading power, though has long been in decline and was recently overtaken by the Republic of Nyland. Nonetheless, the empire is not an opponent to take lightly.

Ishnalli Empire
Empress: Lanryu-il
Chancellor: IDEK
The greatest country in the world. It's YUUUUGGGEEEE.

Messages In This Thread
Empire - by Ayzek - 03-16-2017, 11:26 PM
RE: Empire - by Ayzek - 03-20-2017, 01:04 AM
RE: Empire - by Ayzek - 03-21-2017, 01:38 AM
RE: Empire - by Ayzek - 03-23-2017, 01:13 AM
RE: Empire - by Soyabarian Empire - 03-26-2017, 11:14 AM
RE: Empire - by Ayzek - 06-22-2017, 10:49 PM
RE: Empire - by Ayzek - 07-17-2017, 10:24 PM
RE: Empire - by Ayzek - 07-18-2017, 01:02 AM
RE: Empire - by Ayzek - 07-18-2017, 11:11 PM