Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The War of the Imperial Succession
SCENARIO: In 1321 CE, Emperor Joseph II died with no heirs and no succession plan in place to establish any measure of continuity. The end result was the fall of the Athelonian Dynasty and the beginning of what is known as the War of the Imperial Succession, sometimes also referred to as the Fourth Civil War. The war, mostly political, had its share of violence and bloodshed and lasted until 1338, when Tassadar assumed the Throne and formed the Aiurian Dynasty and began the process of industrializing Angiris.

HISTORICAL SIGNIFICANCE: The War of the Imperial Succession was originally not in the original OOC history of the Angirisian Empire or the Near East. I thought of this to plug in a little hole. Plus, it would provide the basis for the eventual industrialization of the Angirisian Empire and the end of the last major political crisis in Angirisian history.

WHO CAN BE INVOLVED: Anyone. I need a few players who can RP three of the four factions involved in this war. I will be RPing the forces loyal to the eventual Emperor Tassadar, who was based in Aiuria. The other factions will be based in Angleterre, Virginium and Arreat. I will provide a map as to who controls what territories and who are loyal to these factions. Outside of Angiris, border nations with Angiris such as Pythos, Ceribia, or others (provided they exist) can have some role in this battle. Angirisian then-allies such as Mestra are strongly encouraged to participate.

WHY? Well, while the outcome is assured that Tassadar will win this war and become Emperor, this does provide a basis as to how the Aiurian Dynasty came to be and it provides the foundations for the Industrial Era in Angiris. This could be the last significant pre-Industrial war in this part of the world, if not the world in general.

So, what do you think?
AERANDARIEL
THE GENTLEMAN VILLAIN

The Angirisian Empire/Dominion (2014- 2020)
The Solhaven Confederacy (2017-2020)
The Romulan Republic (2019-2020)

"If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader." - John Quincy Adams

Messages In This Thread
The War of the Imperial Succession - by Aerandariel - 10-08-2016, 03:56 AM
RE: The War of the Imperial Succession - by Ayzek - 12-27-2016, 04:27 AM
RE: The War of the Imperial Succession - by Ayzek - 12-27-2016, 04:51 AM
RE: The War of the Imperial Succession - by Ayzek - 01-07-2017, 09:01 PM