Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Announcing The Dominion Chronicles
The Dominion Chronicles is a planned series of RP threads/story-telling events that will take place in various cities and territories of the Angirisian Dominion. I'm planning them in three "trilogies", each three "episodes" long. This is the first real attempt I'm making at more character-level roleplay instead of using a national-level point-of-view. Among the characters you may see throughout these trilogies include the Emperor, the remaining members of his family, and many members of the Imperial Council and Senate, including newly-installed Foreign Secretary Mariska Janeway, who I have planned to have an integral part of this immense saga.

The first trilogy will deal with the twilight days of Emperor Tyrael's reign. After a quarter-century on the Throne, Tyrael's health is slowly beginning to fail him. Having now outlived his father, having reached a point that not many emperors in Angirisian history have reached, and after bringing an end to the long-lived Empire and birthed the Dominion through military might and economic growth, Tyrael begins to ponder what lays in his future. Unbeknownst to him, those around him are pondering their futures too. Crown Prince Albrecht, the Emperor's brother and heir apparent, is biding his time in hopes that his older brother merely abdicates the Throne in his favor instead of dying in the chair like their father did. Mariska Janeway, the new Foreign Secretary of the Dominion, is in her own way hoping to make her mark with shrewd political maneuvers and skillful diplomatic prowess with the goal of perhaps one day becoming the first reigning Empress in Angirisian history. The Dominion Senate, though seen as a representative body of the citizenry but lacking any real power, has begun to grow sick and tired of being the Emperor and his administration's puppets. With the Emperor's decline and the apparent infighting amongst the Emperor's officials, the Senate believes it can take away some of the power it has lost to the Throne.

The Angirisian Dominion is heading for a period of uncertainty, and perhaps conflict on a scale it has not borne witness to in many centuries. How will the many personalities and agendas involved clash and intertwine with one another? Only time can tell...

Now that I've gotten THAT out of the way, I am open to any ideas, suggestions or maybe interest in playing the role of one of the many characters in this series you all may have. Forewarning: for the first episode, both Emperor Tyrael and Mariska Janeway are off-limits as I will be playing out their interactions. Anyone else, including Prince Albrecht, is fair game.
AERANDARIEL
THE GENTLEMAN VILLAIN

The Angirisian Empire/Dominion (2014- 2020)
The Solhaven Confederacy (2017-2020)
The Romulan Republic (2019-2020)

"If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader." - John Quincy Adams

Messages In This Thread
Announcing The Dominion Chronicles - by Aerandariel - 12-10-2018, 06:28 AM
RE: Announcing The Dominion Chronicles - by Ayzek - 12-10-2018, 11:42 AM
RE: Announcing The Dominion Chronicles - by Ayzek - 12-11-2018, 02:13 AM
RE: Announcing The Dominion Chronicles - by Ayzek - 12-11-2018, 04:15 AM