Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Act I: Our Slumber is Over
A Few Months Later, Imperial Gardens

As the final vote tally came in, Hiraku exhales slowly. It was a bit closer than he would like but it looks like the House will pass the revised treaty with a slim majority. He’ll be able to push the treaty through the Council without much difficulty; after all he’s had time to tighten control over the different factions to bring them together and has been able to cast aside the old players.

“With this, motion is adopted. The Western Archipelago Trade Treaty has been adopted and will be sent to the National Council.” As the new Prime Minister makes the announcement to the chamber and bangs the gavel, Hiraku claps his hands once and leans back in the chair.

“Finally,” He mutters. He looks up at the new Ambassador Akiyama and folds his arms. He stares back and adjusts his glasses with a long sigh.

“I appreciate you appeasing Her Imperial Grace to have her sign off on this. I know she was very... distraught with the directions things had been going some time back.” Akiyama looks away and Hiraku nods solemnly. Understatement of the year. At least the new Prime Minister and the new Ambassador to Chikasu got down to business after the collapse of the previous treaty. Although Kazemura’s lobbying firms had a massive fit with the new treaty, they were quickly dispatched with the Empress’ announcement of her support for the new treaty.

“It’s not a problem,” Hiraku replies. He takes a sip of his tea and turns off the television. Then he stands up and shuffles his papers, preparing to go the National Council meeting to debate the new treaty. “Is there anything else I can do for you today? Or are we all set?”

“Actually...” Ambassador Akiyama trails off and looks at their cup of tea. Hiraku raises an eyebrow and taps his foot to catch the Ambassador’s attention.

“Can I be frank with you?” Before Hiraku can respond with a negatory, Akiyama continues on anyways. “I need to know. Are the stories about you and the Empress true?”

Oh. This.

“I have no idea what stories you’re on about Ambassador,” Hiraku responds, not directly answering the question. “All I know is that I will continue to faithfully serve her as long as she sees fit.” Both of them fall silent for a long moment. Akiyama continues to stare at his tea, unable to respond.

“...I see,” Akiyama says. He takes his cup and downs it all in one go, then places it back on the saucer. He stands and bows to Hiraku, before shaking his hand. “I wish you the best of luck then, Chairman.” With that, he bows out of the room and leaves Hiraku alone to his thoughts.

Messages In This Thread
Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Alvino Castillon - 11-12-2017, 09:22 PM
RE: Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Ayzek - 11-13-2017, 10:54 AM
RE: Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Ayzek - 11-15-2017, 12:53 AM
RE: Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Ayzek - 11-20-2017, 02:21 AM
RE: Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Ayzek - 11-22-2017, 09:49 PM
RE: Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Ayzek - 11-22-2017, 10:31 PM
RE: Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Ayzek - 11-29-2017, 01:28 AM
RE: Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Ayzek - 12-06-2017, 02:26 AM
RE: Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Ayzek - 12-16-2017, 12:59 AM
RE: Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Ayzek - 10-13-2018, 05:24 PM
RE: Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Ayzek - 10-25-2018, 11:59 PM