Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Act I: Our Slumber is Over
Date: 3 Tolven, 1587
Time: 10:00 AM
Room: Briefing Room

"Well. Shit." Chairman Honda can't help but agree with the Prime Minister's assessment as they watch the news unravel on the television screen. Honda, like everyone else in that room, winces as the final vote numbers come in. It wasn't even close.

"Talk about a serious slap in the face," Honda mutters as he looks around the room. Frustration, anguish, and aggravation are displayed on the faces of his fellow Cabinet members, and for good reason. Many of them, sans Honda and the Empress herself, had staked their jobs on this treaty. When the current Empress rose to power, she made it clear she wanted to pull back from the negotiations, concerned with the direction they had been heading. However, the Cabinet and the Prime Minister had been able to talk her down from withdrawing from the negotiations, confident they could pull this off.

That was three months ago. For things to devolve in such a short span of time... it was almost hilarious how everything seems to be falling into place for them to roll the dice.

"I have no doubt that Chikasu and Kazemura can both benefit from a fair deal between equals." He blinks and looks at the monitor, then watches as the others in the room scowl at Senator Yamamoto. To them, his words ring hollow. To Chairman Honda and Her Imperial Grace however, his words are a soothing comfort that their Red Paper will not be in vain. For now though...

"Her Imperial Grace is not surprised at these developments." Chills ran up his spine as Chairman Honda turns away from the monitor and towards the head of the table, where the Empress sits. All remain silent, knowing that a single peep could mean their prompt removal from the premises.

Unfortunately, almost all of them staked their careers on this. And that means the Empress has free reign over them. She clears her throat and looks around the room, then opens her mouth to speak.

"Her Imperial Grace will now hear you beg for your positions, starting with Chairman Honda."

"That was, ouch," Hiraku says after he shuts the door, leaving only himself and Mirai in the room. She shrugs and puts her feet up on the table.

"You know I had to do it to em," She replies. Mirai looks up at the ceiling and lets out a long sigh, then adds, "Besides, I only axed three of them."

"Including the PM," Hiraku mumbles softly.

"Hm. Wonder if I should ax my Council Chair while I'm at it-"

"Ah no no!" Hiraku interrupts, waving his hands. Mirai looks down and smirks at him, then lets out a mock sigh while Hiraku continues, "Right. Let's get serious. We should probably request a follow up meeting with their Head of State as soon as possible."

"So after their President gets tossed out of office?" Mirai asks with an irked look on her face. Hiraku nods and she says, "Yeah okay. Don't announce I'll be there. I'd rather catch them off guard... something about personally overseeing this blah blah and then we'll tell them about the Red Paper. Sounds good?"

"Yep. I'll go make the call to the Deputy PM then." Hiraku opens the door and departs the room, leaving the Empress to mull over the next steps.

Messages In This Thread
Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Alvino Castillon - 11-12-2017, 09:22 PM
RE: Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Ayzek - 11-13-2017, 10:54 AM
RE: Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Ayzek - 11-15-2017, 12:53 AM
RE: Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Ayzek - 11-20-2017, 02:21 AM
RE: Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Ayzek - 11-22-2017, 09:49 PM
RE: Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Ayzek - 11-22-2017, 10:31 PM
RE: Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Ayzek - 11-29-2017, 01:28 AM
RE: Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Ayzek - 12-06-2017, 02:26 AM
RE: Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Ayzek - 12-16-2017, 12:59 AM
RE: Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Ayzek - 10-13-2018, 05:24 PM
RE: Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Ayzek - 10-25-2018, 11:59 PM