Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nylander Intelligence Oversight
Federal Security Department is a fine name.

That aside, I understand where you're coming from. But such an organization is complicated by the fact that Nyland is supposed to be heavily based on the US. In practice this means that Nylanders are crazy about their civil rights, and an organization that can simply ignore them or operate "outside the law" isn't likely to fly. In theory and assuming that people could be bothered to actually man their guns or at least their voting pens. Of course, this doesn't mean the FSD is impossible, especially if we decide to tweak Nyland to make it fit--which we can do. But so long as Nyland remains US-esque, I'm doubtful the FSD would have the automatic "right" to invade privacy, nation security be damned.

Unless we really want to have a wider discussion on Nyland, warrants, even as little more than formality, would probably be best. Since the FSD isn't a law enforcement agency, we could argue it has some leeway when it comes to intelligence-gather, especially if it keeps said intelligence "anonymous"--like, it won't put a face on it unless it has something damning and can consequently confidentially request a warrant. And if it needs to investigate a public figure or group--something made it think so, right?

But unless Nyland evolves significantly, I'm skeptical a secret service that can dig into whatever and whoever it wants without a warrant and pass anything "worrying" it finds onto the cops without a warrant really fits. I don't want to get into that discussion too much, but such an organization isn't really within Nyland's civil rights structure. Probably.

We could possibly fabricate Nyland to enable it, but, as Oertha said, you could work towards no oversight. Maybe some great disaster that kills thousands goes down and Nyland's politicians respond by granting the FSD more freedom. Flipped Smile
Role Play States

Holy Lanlanian Empire
Holy Emperor: Feryn I
Prime Minister: Klaus Lofgren
The Holy Lanlanian Empire is a multi-ethnic state based in western Brigidna with territories all across the globe. It is a relic of an older age, an absolute monarchy hidden under a functioning democracy. The empire has historically been the world's leading power, though has long been in decline and was recently overtaken by the Republic of Nyland. Nonetheless, the empire is not an opponent to take lightly.

Ishnalli Empire
Empress: Lanryu-il
Chancellor: IDEK
The greatest country in the world. It's YUUUUGGGEEEE.

Messages In This Thread
Nylander Intelligence Oversight - by Nentsia - 10-18-2018, 11:02 PM
RE: Nylander Intelligence Oversight - by Nentsia - 10-22-2018, 01:14 PM
RE: Nylander Intelligence Oversight - by BrumBrum - 10-22-2018, 08:17 PM
RE: Nylander Intelligence Oversight - by Nentsia - 10-22-2018, 08:39 PM
RE: Nylander Intelligence Oversight - by Ayzek - 10-22-2018, 10:24 PM
RE: Nylander Intelligence Oversight - by Nentsia - 10-23-2018, 02:05 PM
RE: Nylander Intelligence Oversight - by Nentsia - 10-23-2018, 02:52 PM
RE: Nylander Intelligence Oversight - by Ayzek - 10-24-2018, 12:11 AM
RE: Nylander Intelligence Oversight - by Nentsia - 10-24-2018, 07:33 AM
RE: Nylander Intelligence Oversight - by Nentsia - 10-24-2018, 08:05 AM