Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Act I: Our Slumber is Over
As they read the report, a theme seems to emerge that they both were unhappy with. Allegations of artificial social media incitement. Directly pressuring members of their legislature. Tampering with their democratic processes. It’s as if they were moving towards accusations that Kazemura is no longer respecting their boundaries. That’s a major problem and not because of the accuracy of the report. For the dots to be connecting, and for someone to be inciting social media discord artificially before the intended launch date of that operation is a most problematic development.

That being said, it isn’t a total wash. There is opportunity to be had; things just had to move towards success.

“That social media piece is ticking me off,” Mirai mutters as she puts down the report. Hiraku grunts in agreement, then looks at her curiously.

“That more than the impeachment?” He asks her. Mirai shrugs and closes her eyes. She rubs her temples, trying to massage out a headache.

“That was to be expected and ya know it,” Mirai mumbles.

“True.” They both fall silent at this point, lost in their own thoughts. Eventually, Hiraku is the first to break up the silence again. “Do we want to promise an investigation into the social media aspect? It isn’t one of ours.” Mirai shrugs again and Hiraku falls silent in exchange. After another moment of silence, Mirai pipes up this time.

“I think for now we should press forward with the Red Paper and let things play out,” She replies. “They haven’t pinned the social media stuff on anyone yet and we haven’t even started our efforts. We could pin it on someone else when we do start though.” Hiraku nods in agreement.

“That being said,” Hiraku responds, “we have to keep an eye on this. If it’s they easy to trace it back to a group, then perhaps the social media meddling may not work as well as intended.” Mirai mutters a note of agreement, clearly not pleased with that thought. They had prepared an effort to influence the outcome of the coming elections towards a candidate more in line with their thinking. However, it wasn’t due to begin for a while. Given the circumstances, that may not be feasible anymore.

“Something to consider,” Hiraku says. “For now, let’s get a call going with the Prime Minister to discuss next steps. I’d like to talk to him about getting a statement out to offer support in the investigation and to move the Consul to another area. With your blessing of course.”

“May you be blessed with greater fortune to assist our efforts,” Mirai says with mock seriousness and some semblance of hand waving. They both giggle, give each other a smile, and then get right to work.

Messages In This Thread
Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Alvino Castillon - 11-12-2017, 09:22 PM
RE: Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Ayzek - 11-13-2017, 10:54 AM
RE: Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Ayzek - 11-15-2017, 12:53 AM
RE: Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Ayzek - 11-20-2017, 02:21 AM
RE: Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Ayzek - 11-22-2017, 09:49 PM
RE: Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Ayzek - 11-22-2017, 10:31 PM
RE: Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Ayzek - 11-29-2017, 01:28 AM
RE: Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Ayzek - 12-06-2017, 02:26 AM
RE: Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Ayzek - 12-16-2017, 12:59 AM
RE: Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Ayzek - 10-13-2018, 05:24 PM
RE: Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Alvino Castillon - 10-14-2018, 01:35 PM