Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Act I: Our Slumber is Over
The violence in Shimazu have largely been brought under control by the Shimazu Regional Police Bureau. The Police Bureau has warned Shimzuns that it has found evidence that the violence may have been artificially incited over social media and advised caution.

The Chikasun House of Representatives has passed articles of impeachment against Kazue Maki, President of the Chikasun Republic, on multiple counts of corruption, obstruction of justice, perjury, and abuse of office. The articles are believed to be an immediate retaliation against Maki's effort to pass the Chikasun-Kazemuran trade agreement in a late-night special session of the Senate. However, they have likely been brewing since documents revealed in early 1587 connected the President to various business and court scandals of 1586 and sparked an investigation into her business ties and dealings with various judges appointed during her administration.

Representatives of the Shimazu Council have been summoned before the Chikasu National Senate to answer questions regarding allegations that a member of the Kazemuran Diplomatic Corps was present in a special session of the Council and attempted to influence their decision regarding the Chikasun-Kazemuran trade agreement. While the presence of a foreign speaker is not against any Chikasun laws or legislative procedures, it will undoubtedly be frowned upon and viewed as Kazemuran tampering in Shimazun and Chikasun democratic processes due to the intense atmosphere around the trade agreement.

The trade agreement is nonetheless expected to be voted on by the Chikasun National Senate on the 3rd. No Senators have publicly changed their intended vote in response to recent events, though we estimate enough Senators are currently undecided that the treaty has a 40% chance of passing.

((OOC: I'll let your scene react to these updates and then post something in Chikasu. /shamelessness))
Role Play States

Holy Lanlanian Empire
Holy Emperor: Feryn I
Prime Minister: Klaus Lofgren
The Holy Lanlanian Empire is a multi-ethnic state based in western Brigidna with territories all across the globe. It is a relic of an older age, an absolute monarchy hidden under a functioning democracy. The empire has historically been the world's leading power, though has long been in decline and was recently overtaken by the Republic of Nyland. Nonetheless, the empire is not an opponent to take lightly.

Ishnalli Empire
Empress: Lanryu-il
Chancellor: IDEK
The greatest country in the world. It's YUUUUGGGEEEE.

Messages In This Thread
Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Alvino Castillon - 11-12-2017, 09:22 PM
RE: Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Ayzek - 11-13-2017, 10:54 AM
RE: Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Ayzek - 11-15-2017, 12:53 AM
RE: Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Ayzek - 11-20-2017, 02:21 AM
RE: Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Ayzek - 11-22-2017, 09:49 PM
RE: Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Ayzek - 11-22-2017, 10:31 PM
RE: Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Ayzek - 11-29-2017, 01:28 AM
RE: Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Ayzek - 12-06-2017, 02:26 AM
RE: Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Ayzek - 12-16-2017, 12:59 AM
RE: Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Ayzek - 10-13-2018, 05:24 PM
RE: Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Ayzek - 10-25-2018, 11:59 PM