Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Act I: Our Slumber is Over
Date: 2 Tolven, 1587
Time: 9:30 AM
Room: Imperial Study

Scribble scribble scribble went the pen. Hiraku watches silently, sipping his tea, as Mirai scribbles across the printout. Draft four of the aptly named Red Paper has less red markings on it than the others. Internally, he breathes a sigh of relief. This was a long, arduous process but it seems that his prep work paid off.

"I like it," Mirai mumbles as she places down the paper. "It definitely sounds a lot more like something I'd officially say." She gives Hiraku a small smile and leans back in her chair. Hiraku picks up the paper and review over the edits he'd have to make. Overall, not too many; one last draft should do it.

"Right. Where are we on everything?" He looks up at her, slightly confused. He sheepishly shrugs and she glowers at him. "I thought I told you to keep up with this!"

"I was going to," He deflected, "but the Hyper Rail Bill got snagged by... well, take a damn guess." Mirai sighs and rubs her forehead. She didn't need to guess; it was clearly the Friday Group's doing. Damn deficit hawks; always getting in the way of big ticket projects. She mutters incoherently and drums her fingers, giving Hiraku that particular look she uses when his input is requested.

Hiraku obliged readily, saying, "I have the votes together in the National Council. We just need the House to get its shit together. Can we give the Speaker's office a ring?" Mirai begins to answer, but pauses as he holds up a finger to express second thoughts. "Actually, we may need to keep our capital for this Imperial Decree. Even if it plays well with the country it certainly will roil the People's Vote Caucus."

"You also might lose the votes for the Hyper Rail Bill in the National Council then," Mirai adds with a sigh. "Well, we can always revisit it later on. While I'd love to push the project forward... actually." She smirks as she taps her fingers on the Red Paper. "Thinking about it, we can play this as tossing a bone to the PVC. Play them and the Friday Group against each other and their outrage will end up canceling out." Hiraku nods in agreement and gives a grin. They talk for a few more minutes about the minutiae before putting the Red Paper away for the time being. Mirai rings a bell; a few seconds later, an assistant comes in with the Morning Report. They take it, dismiss the assistant, and begin to read what's going on today...

Messages In This Thread
Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Alvino Castillon - 11-12-2017, 09:22 PM
RE: Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Ayzek - 11-13-2017, 10:54 AM
RE: Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Ayzek - 11-15-2017, 12:53 AM
RE: Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Ayzek - 11-20-2017, 02:21 AM
RE: Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Ayzek - 11-22-2017, 09:49 PM
RE: Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Ayzek - 11-22-2017, 10:31 PM
RE: Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Ayzek - 11-29-2017, 01:28 AM
RE: Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Ayzek - 12-06-2017, 02:26 AM
RE: Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Ayzek - 12-16-2017, 12:59 AM
RE: Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Alvino Castillon - 10-10-2018, 10:52 PM
RE: Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Ayzek - 10-13-2018, 05:24 PM