Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Act I: Our Slumber is Over
Date: 1 Tolven 1587
Time: 10:30 AM

"This isn't a surprise," Yamamoto mumbled, reading the Sunday paper. A product of the times before smartphones and widespread computers, Yamamoto preferred a physical copy of the news and one of his aids ran out every morning to buy one. Yamamoto would usually read it by 8 AM, often over a cup of his wife's coffee, and be leaving the residence by 9. The sudden special session had thrown off his schedule, however, and here he was--running late and even fewer hours of sleep. A part of him hoped the President was also losing sleep over her stunts, while another knew it for a fact.

Yamamoto scowled. While it was inconvenient that Shimazu announced its support of the trade agreement, it was infuriating that the Kazemurans would dare to engage in such overt and shameless lobbying. Did they have no respect for the democratic institutions of Chikasu? No, of course they didn't. "Unbelievable," he fumed, shaking lightly. "Their new government seems to have no respect for our democracy."

It was to be expected that the consul's speech would be leaked--even if the full text of it wasn't. Though the special session was kept low-key and no reporters made it in time to stake out arrivals, not all members of the Council or their staff may have agreed it appropriate for a Kazemuran official to make an appearance, much less have the floor. Of course there was a leak. "How can the Council allow such blatant foreign lobbying."

With a shake of his head, he reached for the tablet at the corner of the table and played would it. Surely there were papers calling the Kazemurans out for their gross violation of Shimazu's democratic processes? Indeed. Yamamoto chuckled, reviewing the articles presented to him. Hopefully, Kazemura's blatant interference would turn public opinion against them, however little.

"Yuuki, your coffee's getting cold."

"Ah, right," Yamamoto set the tablet down and reached out for his coffee. His eyes wandered to his wife, just a corner away. "Thank you, Kiko."

The elderly woman, a few years his senior, returned a sweet smile.

It still warmed Yamamoto's heart, even after all these years. Much more than her coffee, that was nonetheless a fair second. "I love you, Kiko," he said, this time extending his hand to take hers.
Role Play States

Holy Lanlanian Empire
Holy Emperor: Feryn I
Prime Minister: Klaus Lofgren
The Holy Lanlanian Empire is a multi-ethnic state based in western Brigidna with territories all across the globe. It is a relic of an older age, an absolute monarchy hidden under a functioning democracy. The empire has historically been the world's leading power, though has long been in decline and was recently overtaken by the Republic of Nyland. Nonetheless, the empire is not an opponent to take lightly.

Ishnalli Empire
Empress: Lanryu-il
Chancellor: IDEK
The greatest country in the world. It's YUUUUGGGEEEE.

Messages In This Thread
Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Alvino Castillon - 11-12-2017, 09:22 PM
RE: Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Ayzek - 11-13-2017, 10:54 AM
RE: Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Ayzek - 11-15-2017, 12:53 AM
RE: Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Ayzek - 11-20-2017, 02:21 AM
RE: Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Ayzek - 11-22-2017, 09:49 PM
RE: Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Ayzek - 11-22-2017, 10:31 PM
RE: Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Ayzek - 11-29-2017, 01:28 AM
RE: Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Ayzek - 12-06-2017, 02:26 AM
RE: Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Ayzek - 12-16-2017, 12:59 AM
RE: Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Ayzek - 10-13-2018, 05:24 PM
RE: Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Ayzek - 10-25-2018, 11:59 PM