Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Act I: Our Slumber is Over
Date: 1 Tolven, 1587
Time: 9:05 AM

"As such, Her Imperial Grace will visit the shrine to pray for those affected by the fires tomorrow evening. The National Council will be considering a measure regarding tariffs at this evening's session..."

"Hmph," Mirai mumbled as she folded her arms. "I'm not fond of your Press Secretary. He seems a bit too green to be handling a matter like this." She yelped as Hiraku pressed down firmly on her shoulders and spun around, glaring down his bitter smirk.

"My apologies Your Imperial Grace," He taunted playfully. She harrumphed and turned back again to watch the television, relaxing into his delicate fingers. "He may seem new at this but I assure you, Secretary Tachibana is more than capable at fielding their questions."

"If you say so," She grumbled. They sat in silence as the television played in the Imperial Chambers. On screen, Secretary Tachibana wrapped up his announcements and announced he would take questions. Almost instantly, the question both Mirai and Hiraku were expecting was out the gate.

"Is the Kazemuran government concerned that the ongoing talks with Chikasu will collapse due to the failure of the vote held earlier this morning at the behest of the Chikasun Senate's President pro tempore?" Hiraku's hands stopped for a moment as they both listened to the Secretary clear his throat.

"Our embassy has been informed that a vote is still scheduled for later in the week in regular session," Secretary Tachibana answered calmly. "We will wait until the vote on the trade agreements has been concluded before making any statements. Next question." Mirai breathed a sigh of relief and relaxed into Hiraku, a weight having lifted some. Although there were other questions being fielded regarding the ongoing crisis in Chikasu, Secretary Tachibana did seem up to the task of handling them.

"I've no idea why you doubted me Mirai," Hiraku said with a smirk. She turned to face him and bit her lower lip.

"We're at a critical point. We can not appear careless nor can we appear to be pushing things along yet. I just, a new Press Secretary at this stage? What happened to the other one?" Hiraku leaned back on the bed and thought for a moment, before lighting up.

"Ah right. She resigned. She wanted to spend more time with family... father on the deathbed."

"Oh, shameful," Mirai replied with sincere sadness. "Remind me to send her flowers... after the trade agreements fail in the Chikasun Senate I mean." Hiraku nodded and Mirai smirked as Secretary Tachibana concluded the press briefing without any major incidents. Everything seemed to still be on track, thanks to Consul Akiyama's work with the Shimazun Council. Soon, they'd have the fervent outrage of the Shimazun people to fan the flames of. A few well placed operatives, a bit of dirty play with the press... the Shimazu State would become a chaotic mess soon after and Kazemura would have to step in to "assist" them.

"By the way, I believe Consul Akiyama needs a promotion should things go south with the trade agreements, no?" Mirai asked Hiraku with a mischievous grin.

"Yes yes... I think that would indeed be well deserved by the good Consul," Hiraku responded with a chuckle.

Messages In This Thread
Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Alvino Castillon - 11-12-2017, 09:22 PM
RE: Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Ayzek - 11-13-2017, 10:54 AM
RE: Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Ayzek - 11-15-2017, 12:53 AM
RE: Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Ayzek - 11-20-2017, 02:21 AM
RE: Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Ayzek - 11-22-2017, 09:49 PM
RE: Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Ayzek - 11-22-2017, 10:31 PM
RE: Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Ayzek - 11-29-2017, 01:28 AM
RE: Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Ayzek - 12-06-2017, 02:26 AM
RE: Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Alvino Castillon - 12-08-2017, 01:09 AM
RE: Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Ayzek - 12-16-2017, 12:59 AM
RE: Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Ayzek - 10-13-2018, 05:24 PM