Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Act I: Our Slumber is Over
And the Shimazu Councilors responded with a standing ovation, as the Consul's speech penetrated them to the soul and spoke straight to its heart. Never before and never again would such an awesome, resonating argument for globalization and regional integrity echo in the halls of the Shimazu Council Building--perhaps nowhere in Chikasu. As the cheering and and clapping slowed, Chairman Tanaka said, "Councilors, that was Mr. Daichi Akiya--" It was a mistake to mention his name, as it again spurred the Council into a frenzy.

It was a shame such a powerful speech was wasted on the choir and would never reach a wider audience due to the closed-door nature of the session.

Date: 1 Tolven 1587
Time: 8:10 A.M.

Taichi Kamiya was an active youth in his second year of high school. In a band and an avid football player, he rarely made it home before dusk. Yesterday, however, the schoolteachers had urged everyone home due to the forming protests. The anxious tone of the teachers' texts had made him curious and Taichi had spent yesterday reading about the protests and the treaty behind it. Even now, over an omurice and strawberry milk, he was reading the latest news on his smartphone: "Shimazu Council urges the Senate to pass the trade agreement."

"What's wrong?" asked his father, Susumu, who noticed the raised brows on his son's face. And the almost untouched omurice.

"Ah," Taichi replied, "this trade thing." He passed his phone across the table to his father. "It's crazy how people are getting so excited about it."

"Mm," his father hummed as he took the device and scanned the article. "My coworkers are talking about it too. I think a few of them joined the protests too."

Taichi nodded. "It's only a trade agreement though, why are they getting so worked up?"

Susumu chuckled and passed the phone back. "Good question." Susumu was ethnically Kazemuran, though his wife was Chikasun. They'd met during the influx of Chikasuns into Shimazu in the 50s and grew up together ever since. "It could be based on patriotic sentiments," he continued, after taking another spoonful of his own omurice. "A lot of Chikasuns are afraid of Kazemura's economic power, while a lot of the older Shimazu still want Shimazu to secede from Chikasu and join Kazemura. Eat your food."

With another nod, Taichi finally touched his breakfast. "Is it true that the agreement favors Kazemura?" he asked before a spoonful.

"I haven't read it," Susumu answered, shrugging. "They say it does, and I could definitely believe it. There's a lot of Kazemruan businesses operating in Shimazu, and that may be why the Council favors the treaty. Have you heard that the Senate dismissed the subject in an special session this morning?"

Taichi shook his head.

"That'll be very bad for the President. They suspect that the special session was at her urging, and now that it's failed...there'll likely be a backlash. She's already on thin ice, and trying to shove an unpopular agreement through an extraordinary session will really turn the public against her. It will be a long week."
Role Play States

Holy Lanlanian Empire
Holy Emperor: Feryn I
Prime Minister: Klaus Lofgren
The Holy Lanlanian Empire is a multi-ethnic state based in western Brigidna with territories all across the globe. It is a relic of an older age, an absolute monarchy hidden under a functioning democracy. The empire has historically been the world's leading power, though has long been in decline and was recently overtaken by the Republic of Nyland. Nonetheless, the empire is not an opponent to take lightly.

Ishnalli Empire
Empress: Lanryu-il
Chancellor: IDEK
The greatest country in the world. It's YUUUUGGGEEEE.

Messages In This Thread
Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Alvino Castillon - 11-12-2017, 09:22 PM
RE: Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Ayzek - 11-13-2017, 10:54 AM
RE: Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Ayzek - 11-15-2017, 12:53 AM
RE: Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Ayzek - 11-20-2017, 02:21 AM
RE: Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Ayzek - 11-22-2017, 09:49 PM
RE: Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Ayzek - 11-22-2017, 10:31 PM
RE: Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Ayzek - 11-29-2017, 01:28 AM
RE: Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Ayzek - 12-06-2017, 02:26 AM
RE: Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Ayzek - 12-16-2017, 12:59 AM
RE: Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Ayzek - 10-13-2018, 05:24 PM
RE: Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Ayzek - 10-25-2018, 11:59 PM