Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Act I: Our Slumber is Over
Nonsan, Autonomous Shimazu State, Chikasu

Consul Daichi Akiyama was not having a great evening at all. He hadn't actually expected to speak in front of the Shimazun Council at 3 in the morning. In fact, he was supposed to be in his nice warm bed right now, just down the street from the consulate in Nonsan.

Of course, that was not to be the case tonight. First the protests throughout the city woke him up and forced him to prepare for a long day at the consulate. However, those plans changed when he was summoned by the Shimazun Council to speak in front of them. Apparently, some of the ethnic Kazemurans in the Council had desired to hold a debate and vote on the trade agreements before the Chikasun Senate could finish their discussions and vote on it.

"Okay, but why at 2:30 in the fuckin' morning?" He had snarled at his Deputy Consul.

"Because," She responded, "The Chikasun Senate got called to order at two in the fuckin' morning." That caught his attention and got him into high gear. Despite the rather obnoxious hour, he had been able to put himself together rather nicely and had worked with his Deputy Consul on a nice speech about the importance of the trade agreements and ensuring taking greater steps towards regional cooperation and all those other lovely things that he was ordered to follow up with. Yes, he agreed with those ideals but he liked to do so AFTER TWO THIRTY IN THE FUCKING MORNING!

"Thank you Chairman," He stated with a warm smile before stepping forward to the podium. He cleared his throat and began to speak to the Council's 40 some-odd members, following the prompts in the speech.

To the side, Deputy Consul Haruna Mizushima watched with a tired smile. It had been quite a bit of work but they had been able to pull everything together nicely with this speech and with the rap sheet in front of them. The speech should solidify the yes vote from the Shimazu Council that many were anticipating. Their affirmation would hopefully sway the Chikasun Senate to also vote yes, clearing the way to an end to this chaos.

As Consul Akiyama finished his speech, she gave him a thumbs up and a smile. They did exactly what they needed to do. Now it was just a waiting game.

Messages In This Thread
Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Alvino Castillon - 11-12-2017, 09:22 PM
RE: Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Ayzek - 11-13-2017, 10:54 AM
RE: Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Ayzek - 11-15-2017, 12:53 AM
RE: Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Ayzek - 11-20-2017, 02:21 AM
RE: Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Ayzek - 11-22-2017, 09:49 PM
RE: Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Ayzek - 11-22-2017, 10:31 PM
RE: Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Ayzek - 11-29-2017, 01:28 AM
RE: Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Alvino Castillon - 12-01-2017, 10:45 PM
RE: Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Ayzek - 12-06-2017, 02:26 AM
RE: Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Ayzek - 12-16-2017, 12:59 AM
RE: Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Ayzek - 10-13-2018, 05:24 PM