Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Act I: Our Slumber is Over
The President nodded cautiously. "I understand, I will be sure to reach you should there be such a thing." She felt something was going over here head, but she wasn't about to ask about it. Instead, she simply sighed and again reached for her. "Well," she continued, holding the cup's handle, "I believe it's getting late. It would be inconvenient for both of us if you were caught here during this controversial time, so I must ask you to return. Perhaps we'll speak in a few days."

Date: 1 Tolven, 1587
Time: 2:45 AM
Nonsan, Autonomous Shimazu State, Chikasu

The atmosphere in Shimazu was little better than the Chikasun National Senate's. Though Shimazu was moderately pro-Kazemuran, the inclusive democratic institutions of Chikasu made the majority of Shimazu view it as their own country. Only those on the fringe expressed any significant interest in reunification with the Kazemuran nation. Of course, that hadn't always been the case. Shimazu had received its autonomous status in the 20s as a concession to prevent the state from seeking full-blown secession. However, its demographics had changed significantly since then and an influx of Chikasuns in the 50s lowered the risk of clear-cut Shimazu secession.

Still, the ethnic Kazemuran majority and the delicate nature of the relationship ensured the Chikasuan Parliament considered the Shimazu opinion when Kazemura was concerned. But that was all it was: an opinion. While Shimazu was self-governing, it did not have the power to conduct its own foreign affairs beyond business ventures. That made an emergency session of the Shimazu Council all the more curious. And the Chikasun media would have a field day when it came to light it was by Kazemuran insistence.

"Well, Mr. Daichi Akiyama," said Izumi Tanaka, Chairman of the Council of the Autonomous Shimazu State, "you have the floor." He glanced at the Kazemuran consul, sat next to him in the center of the Shimazu Council meeting chamber. Despite being only 42 members large, the meeting had began late—the chairman had only now finished his opening statements. No one had expected to be called into an emergency session so deep in the night.
Role Play States

Holy Lanlanian Empire
Holy Emperor: Feryn I
Prime Minister: Klaus Lofgren
The Holy Lanlanian Empire is a multi-ethnic state based in western Brigidna with territories all across the globe. It is a relic of an older age, an absolute monarchy hidden under a functioning democracy. The empire has historically been the world's leading power, though has long been in decline and was recently overtaken by the Republic of Nyland. Nonetheless, the empire is not an opponent to take lightly.

Ishnalli Empire
Empress: Lanryu-il
Chancellor: IDEK
The greatest country in the world. It's YUUUUGGGEEEE.

Messages In This Thread
Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Alvino Castillon - 11-12-2017, 09:22 PM
RE: Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Ayzek - 11-13-2017, 10:54 AM
RE: Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Ayzek - 11-15-2017, 12:53 AM
RE: Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Ayzek - 11-20-2017, 02:21 AM
RE: Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Ayzek - 11-22-2017, 09:49 PM
RE: Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Ayzek - 11-22-2017, 10:31 PM
RE: Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Ayzek - 11-29-2017, 01:28 AM
RE: Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Ayzek - 12-06-2017, 02:26 AM
RE: Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Ayzek - 12-16-2017, 12:59 AM
RE: Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Ayzek - 10-13-2018, 05:24 PM
RE: Act I: Our Slumber is Over - by Ayzek - 10-25-2018, 11:59 PM