Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Discussion on strategic bombing and its applications
I'm not sure what spurred this on, but, yes: strategic bombing would be a thing in a non-limited war. The HLE maintains a non-insignificant strategic bomber fleet and a large arsenal of missiles, and I reckon that most of our other states do as well, especially Brigidnans. After all, Brigidna doesn't have the pleasure of a well-armed, Nyland-lead NATO to huddle under. While they do lack a Russia to fear, I don't think our leaders are so idealistic to believe that a major war will again loom over them.

It should be noted that a major war is likely not expected, in-game. While Nerysia may have a large military, the HLE is also allied to Oslanburg and has shown no signs of wanting to engage Oslanburg, Florinthus, or anybody in a war. To date, the HLE has maintained a conciliatory approach with nearly every state both major and minor, including Angiris, Carpathia, and Severyane. The only states the HLE has taken a hard approach with or has sought to warn military (with naval exercises and such) are states that have directly threatened HLE interests, notably freedom of navigation (by claiming more than customary territorial waters, or engaging in piracy, etc.). Since its unity has been reaffirmed by the failure of Azreaen independence and the ultranationalist tide was curbed, it has began to exercise its military power some power as a way to signal that it is very much still relevant and not going away.
Role Play States

Holy Lanlanian Empire
Holy Emperor: Feryn I
Prime Minister: Klaus Lofgren
The Holy Lanlanian Empire is a multi-ethnic state based in western Brigidna with territories all across the globe. It is a relic of an older age, an absolute monarchy hidden under a functioning democracy. The empire has historically been the world's leading power, though has long been in decline and was recently overtaken by the Republic of Nyland. Nonetheless, the empire is not an opponent to take lightly.

Ishnalli Empire
Empress: Lanryu-il
Chancellor: IDEK
The greatest country in the world. It's YUUUUGGGEEEE.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Discussion on strategic bombing and its applications - by Ayzek - 11-26-2017, 05:53 PM