Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On balancing and reviving activity
(10-01-2017, 06:27 PM)Rommy Wrote: I like the idea, just not the nukes; This NPC should also be run in a style similar to Nyland where its a community of people running it instead of just the directorate, with one person heading the project in a way.

However, nukes should remain banned for all practical purposes from RP and that includes here. If this country with the most advanced tech had nukes why wouldn't Lanlania and Nyland and Seveyerane and Carpathia and the list keeps going also research them at some point. The reason that other powers haven't stomped out this dystopia is probably because of the massive causalities it would result from, it is part of the reason that I understand we did not invade North Korea for the longest time; the outrageous amounts of causalities would make it completely illogical to attempt taking down the dictatorship.  Especially for our not anacrtica here, it is an island in one of the most hostile environments on Earth, you would have to be insane to even send in something, let alone a massive military force far from home and potentially friendly nations just to take this place out.

The country should also be either on par or slightly less than Nyland tech wise. Or it trades certain areas of development for others, maybe medicine isn't as developed but its radar systems might be slightly more advanced, stuff like that

Oh, it should definitely be a community-run project, akin to Nyland, although more cut-throaty (OOC, its run by player vote, like Nyland, but IC, we make it so that whoever won the vote, "influenced" the election, or something). As for nukes, personally I don't think they're so scary, though I understand your concerns about the other powers having them.

In terms of tech, it should not be less advanced than Nyland. Nyland has a much bigger population, this NPC needs to offset that somehow and one way to do that, is by having the most advanced military tech in the world. It needs to be a rival that is on-par with Nyland, capable of going head-to-head with it if a prolonged 1vs1 war were to happen between them.

I'm saying a prolonged war, because given Nyland's current military, a lot of smaller powers can hold their own against it at first, but if Nyland ever gets a war economy going, they have the industrial capacity to churn out equipment at a ridiculous rate and their army would soon outnumber anyone they face, with equipment that is on par with that of the other 1st rate powers. This NPC needs to be able to do the same and replace losses at the same rate that Nyland can, or offset that with a technological advantage in areas where loss replacement would require a higher population in order to be at Nyland's levels.

Messages In This Thread
On balancing and reviving activity - by Ceausescu - 10-01-2017, 06:18 PM
RE: On balancing and reviving activity - by Rommy - 10-01-2017, 06:27 PM
RE: On balancing and reviving activity - by Ceausescu - 10-01-2017, 06:37 PM
RE: On balancing and reviving activity - by Rommy - 10-01-2017, 06:44 PM
RE: On balancing and reviving activity - by Raz - 10-02-2017, 12:05 AM
RE: On balancing and reviving activity - by Flo - 10-05-2017, 07:35 PM
RE: On balancing and reviving activity - by Flo - 10-06-2017, 02:19 PM
RE: On balancing and reviving activity - by Raz - 10-08-2017, 05:56 AM
RE: On balancing and reviving activity - by Ayzek - 10-08-2017, 05:35 PM