Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nylander Healthcare Reform Planning
(06-29-2017, 09:12 PM)Jamzor the Jaxxor Wrote: single payer? dirty nylander commie scum

YOU SAID YOU LIKED IT I HAVE PROOF

(06-29-2017, 11:10 PM)Seperallis Wrote: Just to help you, the main key difference between US and Nyland is that Nyland doesn't have Medicare or Medicaid. It has a Bismarck-esque voucher program where direct funds are given to people/families for medical care, and can use it to pay for the care directly, put it in an HSA, use it to pay for private insurance, etc etc.

I can answer whatever questions you have, though the process will most likely involve me turning to Sal and asking logistical questions of healthcare and whatnot. Flipped Smile

If there isn't medicare or Medicaid in Nyland I think this is an easier sell, personally.

(06-30-2017, 03:53 AM)Rommy Wrote:
(06-30-2017, 03:32 AM)Seperallis Wrote:
(06-30-2017, 12:01 AM)Rommy Wrote: So we should just ask Sal then >:T?

No. Ask me. I'm important. >:U

In the context of Nyland, what was the evolution of Nylandic healthcare? It is facing similar high-prices as in the US of A? Is the healthcare lobby as big? Whats the average cost of healthcare per capita? How could single-payer impact a regular doctor, as in visit times, patient overload? Why am I asking these questions? Will medical research be brought down due to single-payer, or could the Feds make up for the large of market level capitalism towards it?

I'll try to answer these questions:

In the context of Nyland, what was the evolution of Nylandic healthcare? ~~ we'd need to decide this. idk

It is facing similar high-prices as in the US of A? ~~ healthcare is expensive period, the only difference is in the US we pay for a lot of stuff out of pocket, through insurance premiums or deductibles.

Is the healthcare lobby as big? ~~ lobbys are big players, and healthcare is a large sector of the economy, typically. This could be good or bad. In the US, physicians often support single payer, while big pharma and insurance companies typically oppose it, because it would mean the end of their ability to gouge prices, in the case of big pharma, and would remove their relative monopoly on healthcare provision, in the case of insurance companies. I don't feel particularly bad for either, if I had to be honest.

How could single-payer impact a regular doctor, as in visit times, patient overload? ~~ This is not NHS, so the single doctor would operate the same way they always did. Rather than being paid by an insurance company (or my pocket) they get their money from a government fund (the single payer). This is similar to medicare, if you're curious, except medicare is only available to old people or disabled people (which is why single payer is often called "medicare for all" in the US). Patient wait times and overload... I think the arguments for that are grossly overstated by those who either haven't done their research or simply want to oppose the idea for political purpose. There would have to be rules put into place for the use of emergency services and what constitutes an emergency, maybe. But I really don't think these problems are as big a deal as people like to pretend, unless you're trying to get non-life threatening services.

Why am I asking these questions? ~~ FIIK

Will medical research be brought down due to single-payer, or could the Feds make up for the large of market level capitalism towards it? ~~ This is an interesting question, but I want to make it clear this is not NHS. The government is not running healthcare, it's simply paying for it, using moneys from the tax payer. Medical research is expensive, indeed, and I'm not yet sure how big pharma would react to this. For one, they could have more buyers, since people could more readily afford prescription drugs. But on another, maybe the profit motive is out of the equation now. It's kind of sick how profit motivates the creation of life-saving drugs, isn't it? Regardless, I would have to think about this one and how it could be addressed. I'm not inclined to believe the free market always does the right thing in this respect.

Messages In This Thread
Nylander Healthcare Reform Planning - by Flo - 06-29-2017, 03:30 PM
RE: Nylander Healthcare Reform Planning - by Sal - 07-02-2017, 05:06 PM
RE: Nylander Healthcare Reform Planning - by Sal - 06-30-2017, 12:53 AM
RE: Nylander Healthcare Reform Planning - by Flo - 06-30-2017, 02:45 PM
RE: Nylander Healthcare Reform Planning - by Flo - 07-02-2017, 05:19 PM
RE: Nylander Healthcare Reform Planning - by Flo - 07-05-2017, 07:07 PM
RE: Nylander Healthcare Reform Planning - by Flo - 07-06-2017, 06:21 PM
RE: Nylander Healthcare Reform Planning - by Sal - 07-06-2017, 08:32 PM
RE: Nylander Healthcare Reform Planning - by Flo - 07-06-2017, 09:25 PM
RE: Nylander Healthcare Reform Planning - by Flo - 07-07-2017, 12:58 AM
RE: Nylander Healthcare Reform Planning - by Flo - 07-07-2017, 12:04 PM