Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
A Quadripartite Entente
"Miss Conolly, allow me to give you my frank assessment of the situation, regarding the potential for foreign intervention," Assistant Deputy Director Eadinga said. "Mestra and Eskkya? Pfft," Eadinga waved his hand dismissively. "The chances of them getting involved in anything in Kvaenna are microscopically small. I don't think you have to worry about Severyane either. They have only recently gone through tremendous political upheaval, and our experts tell me that the new 'konsul' is unlikely to support an overseas military conflict.

"The Lanlanians? They are a stagnant power, but still a dangerous one, so you are right to be wary of them. However, our experts assure me that they are highly unlikely to intervene militarily in Kvaenna of their own initiative. This continent is simply of no interest to them. In fact, they signed a treaty to that effect some fifty years ago, and renewed that very treaty only two years ago. The treaty of 1532 between the Kingdom of Arrenland and the Lanlanian Empire is what I am referring to, of course.

"No, the only way that the Lanlanians are liable to become involved is if they are brought in by some treaty obligation. We know they have a treaty with Oslanburg, but it is similar to the treaty with my own country - meaning they are under no obligation to join any foreign adventurism on the part of the Oslanburgers."

Eadinga sighed. "Speaking of which... Oslanburg, Soyabar, and Carpathia. These, I believe, you are right in being somewhat concerned over. Oslanburg's new government is a bit more outwardly minded, internationally-wise. They seem to want to make up for their fifteen or so years of nationalist rule. Soyabar and Carpathia, the communists, are also liable to intervene if given the opportunity. In my own personal opinion, I don't think that the Oslanburgers have the stomach for a long conflict in some region of the world they otherwise have no interests in. Their commitment to conflict is, in my opinion, not very strong.

"The communists, however, have an ideological investment in Falsea. One advantage that we have is that Carpathia is almost universally despised and viewed with distrust by the international community. Soyabar is somewhat disliked, as well, though to a lesser extent. This will mean that any coalition they might attempt to build against us is unlikely to be joined by any meaningful powers."

Messages In This Thread
A Quadripartite Entente - by Adwest - 05-21-2017, 01:37 PM
RE: A Quadripartite Entente - by Rommy - 05-27-2017, 05:41 PM
RE: A Quadripartite Entente - by DeSchaine - 05-27-2017, 08:44 PM
RE: A Quadripartite Entente - by Adwest - 05-28-2017, 01:52 PM
RE: A Quadripartite Entente - by DeSchaine - 05-28-2017, 06:43 PM
RE: A Quadripartite Entente - by DeSchaine - 05-29-2017, 12:06 AM
RE: A Quadripartite Entente - by DeSchaine - 05-29-2017, 09:59 AM
RE: A Quadripartite Entente - by Adwest - 05-29-2017, 01:47 PM
RE: A Quadripartite Entente - by DeSchaine - 05-29-2017, 08:25 PM
RE: A Quadripartite Entente - by Adwest - 06-01-2017, 10:20 AM
RE: A Quadripartite Entente - by DeSchaine - 06-01-2017, 11:10 AM