Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Goldecia elections debate
How many pounds is an elderly patient's life worth and how many pounds is the life of an Autistic child worth?
Joy Bennett:So since you are premier in power and this seems to be about your policy you have the first turn to answer on this question
Mamadou Obama(RC): (ooc;Awkard pause)Mmm good question , I would say its not about a persons life value so much as whether the drug is worth the cost for the time it provides For instance how can we justify £35,000 to save one from cancer if they are only going to live an extra year. Or how can we justify a 15 year old kids getting a £20,000 experimental treatment to save them , that might not even work. Wouldn't it be better to spend those 10's or 100's of thousands of your public taxpayer money on saving 20 people. Look its simple we have a limited budget, life has a value, 15 year old boys and girls have a value where beyond that its better we not spend the money in order to serve the many and certainly we have to look at whether someone who's 65 is a justifiable recipiant of a £15,000 a year treatment regime.

Tammie Gabriels(PSD):What a disgusting answer from our prime minister. So what he is saying is if you are not rich enough for private care and you get an expensive disease to cure your life is not worth it. He will kill you , if we start assigning economic values to life then when do we stop , do we stop anyone on welfare receiving life saving expensive care ? Do we stop the 13 year old autistic boy receiving life saving care because he will cost more in care costs and won't pay tax when he's older? Look their is only one reasonable answer and that is this , you cannot measure a life whether a elderly patient or 15 year old or an autistic child in money, they are someones son and daughter , they are someones mother. They are people and deserve the dignity to be treated as such. I can pledge this today, we will return to the bedrock of Goldecian values and just pure human decency of valuing all lives the same regardless of income, condition or age.We will offer free care including lifesaving at the point of service to all Goldecians, ALL Goldecians. Mamadou you say you are religious , I challenge you, where in your holy book does it say life is to be measured by economic value? I know the answer it doesn't and it doesn't in any religious book or just common human decency. Your views are inhumane, cruel and twisted , and shamefully you whipped the RC to vote your way and alot followed. let me say this , you and they will pay and we the Goldecian people will not accept anything other thaan full apology for the thousands of lives lost to your eugenics, fascist like policy.

Peter Shoemaker(MDA):I will say this, I am conservative economically and socially but the truth is that regardless of whether you are Conservative or Left wing in view. Healthcare is a right, I concur there is not an economic value to life, life is precious regardless of the income level of the person , their neurotype, condition or indeed age. No government has the right to decide who lives and who dies, we had a government who did before , and it was wrong under fascism , its wrong now.

Lalita Nagarkar(Lib):I'll keep this simple , life if priceless. You cannot put a pound figure on life

James Blacksmith(NGP):If they are Goldecian citizens and have paid anything in then there should be no life value assessment, they have value as Goldecians.

Richard Brown:As long as they are Goldecian citizens and True Goldecians any life is worth saving at any cost. If you have paid in you deserve the care you pay for , however I do believe there are too many immigrants with conditions and that when their visa times come its time to kick them out, there is too much of a burden on the GHS and we need to put real Goldecians first

Tammie: (ooc: Angry) :How bloody dare you Richard Brown. So you are saying you think anyone who is not white is not worth saving?

Richard Brown(TG):Uhmmm, no I said Goldecian

Tammie(PSD):Your party manifesto and policy calls for a true white Goldecia. Am I right?

Richard Brown(TG): Uhmmm Yes , we serve real Goldecians unlike you.

Tammie(PSD): So you are saying only whites deserve to be saved ?

Richard Brown (TG): No

Tammie(PSD): So you are saying you'll treat immigrants the same?

Richard Brown TG:Uhmmm, well yes the same as other immigrants

Tammie(PSD): So in otherwords second class and with fascist policy

Richard Brown(TG):Well no

Tammie(PSD): Well you sure well sound like it

Joy Bennett:Well I think most of you have answered , do you have anything to add Shahzad Zaman(AL)

Shahzad Zaman(AL):Only that I concur with all except Richard Brown and Mamadou. Life is priceless and if Mamadou was a true Akhadist he would value life equally.

Joy Bennett:Thank you, we have another question coming up after this short video on Immigration and the politics and history of it.
Vote in Voice of Goldecia. You decide!

Messages In This Thread
Goldecia elections debate - by BrumBrum - 05-17-2017, 08:17 PM
RE: Goldecia elections debate - by BrumBrum - 05-22-2017, 08:36 PM
RE: Goldecia elections debate - by BrumBrum - 05-23-2017, 11:02 PM