Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Death in Cair Para
Rivaralda, Magentina | Zechyr 10, 1583

It took Ildus more than expected to leave Kvaenna, and after travelling through several countries, his arrival to Caladria was more accidental and chaotic than planned. Surprised by the coup d'etat the next day, he was forced to stay there, without leaving his cheap hotel, for more than a mouth. Finally, he was able to find a plane and take the first commercial flight to Rivaralda, the Magentinian capital city. This time, he hoped his visit would be calmer and shorter.

As soon as he left the airport, Ildus took a bus which left him on Rivaralda Northern train station. From there, he called a telephone number he had written in a small piece of paper.

"Mishe sanakh oun oukh bi kharakh...", he said, with a slow and unsure tone. A silence followed. Then address was given from the other side, twice. Ildus tried to note it down as quickly as possible. Then the communication ended.

Ildus bought a map of the city in the souvenir shop. It took him a while to find the street, but he finally did. It wasn't too far from there, so he decided to walking.

He easily found the street he was looking for. It was a old and rather short building in the middle of what, it seemed, a rather new neighborhood. Or at least they buildings seemed quite new, or maybe just recently repainted. They quite constrasted which the other building, of rather depressing unpainted and darker bricks. The building door was opened, or rather it was broken and therefore it didn't close completely. He address said that the house was at the third floor, so he decided to walk through the stair. There was an old woman waiting the elevator. Ildus simply timidly smiled. He did not speak a word of Castlian.

To his surprise, a woman opened the door. He realized it was the same woman he had met in that small bookshop in Brummagen.

"Are you going to stay there all day?", she asked, this time in Kyrzbek language.

"No, no", Ildus replied.

"You can leave your bags there", she said, while leaving her gun on the table. "You can sleep for a while. I guess you're tired and we aren't going to stay here long. I'm preparing a tea anyway".

"Where are we going?", Ildus asked.

"Palmenta".

One hour after leaving Rivaralda, they stopped in an abandoned service station, not far from a small village nearby the coast.

"Why are we going there?", he asked.

"There is only a flight per week to Kyrzbekistan from Rivaralda", she replied. "Our travel will be longest but we will arrive sooner".

"Have you a cigarette?", she asked after a while.

"No...", Ildus answered. "Well, I believe I have still one in my bag. Wait a minute".

"What's this shit?", she asked while lighting her cigarette. "Carpathian tobacco?".

"I don't know", he replied. "I haven't smoked it before".

"It's fine", she replied, indifferently.

"What's your name?", he asked.

"Well, I'll be Mona now. And you'll be my husband for a while", she replied.

"What?", Ildus said.

"Pontius Longius", she answered while giving Ildus a plastic bag. "That's your name now. Look carefully and remember everything you need to know. We're from New Galasia. Let me to talk and everything will be fine".

Ildus opened the bag and he found a passport and other documents with the details she mentioned.

"Give me your last passport and any documents you have now", she ordered him. "Now, we'll have something to eat before we go to Palmenta".

She ended her cigarette and burned a pile of papers, including Ildus' passport. Then, they returned to the car, and stopped in a small restaurant nearby.

That night, they arrived to Palmenta in their rented car. The next day, they left the country.

Messages In This Thread
Death in Cair Para - by Hadash - 02-15-2017, 11:06 PM
RE: Death in Cair Para - by Hadash - 02-16-2017, 10:32 PM
RE: Death in Cair Para - by Hadash - 02-17-2017, 08:05 PM
RE: Death in Cair Para - by Hadash - 05-17-2017, 04:37 PM
RE: Death in Cair Para - by Hadash - 05-21-2017, 04:47 AM