Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mazaghean Woes
"Close the door, will you?" Shapsug said. The other man quietly shut the door, allowing them to speak in private in this side conference room, one of many in the old Supreme Council building. They could still hear the muffled sounds of a lively debate from the main chamber where the National Governing Committee was in session. The National Governing Committee, also called simply the National Committee, was the hastily assembled provisional government of Mazaghea.

"So what did you want to talk about, Abaty?" the man said. His name was Nolby Janchatar, a well-respected and influential member of the Committee. He used to be on the Supreme Council, but was purged by the new Perov administration many years ago for not adhering to the new political orthodoxy. He was widely regarded as wise and decisive, and even his enemies had a grudging respect for him. In other words, he was the perfect ally for a major power play, if Shapsug could bring him on board.

"I wanted to talk about Sovinov," Shapsug began.

"Oh?"

"Honestly, I am worried about him, Nolby, about his attitude, his behavior, and how it will affect the country. You've noticed how he's been missing meetings and not attending votes. He's the chairman, yet he doesn't seem to care about overseeing the Committee. Normally, I might overlook some of these... lapses in leadership, but this latest incident..."

"What incident?"

Shapsug pulled a folder out from within his jacket. "A friend of mine managed to get a hold of these before they got to the newspapers." Inside the folder were photographs of Sovinov in the midst of what appeared to be a drunken bar brawl. Janchatar frowned.

"So what is your solution, then? I assume you have an idea, or you wouldn't have bothered to talk to me about it."

"I think we should hold a vote for a new chairman, one who is experienced, responsible, and moderate, someone..."

"Like you?" Janchatar interrupted with a smirk.

"...or you?" Shapsug offered.

Janchatar seemed to ponder the possibility for a moment, but quickly dismissed it. "No, the chairmanship is not my place." The old man frowned and seemed to be thinking hard. Finally, he said, "Alright, I will support you. I hope you have some other allies in this, however, as I do not have enough friends on the Committee to elect you themselves."

"Don't worry," Shapsug said, "I have it all planned out."

Messages In This Thread
Mazaghean Woes - by Jamzor the Jaxxor - 03-19-2017, 05:13 AM
RE: Mazaghean Woes - by Jamzor the Jaxxor - 03-25-2017, 07:50 PM
RE: Mazaghean Woes - by Jamzor the Jaxxor - 03-26-2017, 07:31 PM
RE: Mazaghean Woes - by Jamzor the Jaxxor - 05-03-2017, 08:16 PM
RE: Mazaghean Woes - by Jamzor the Jaxxor - 05-04-2017, 01:20 AM
RE: Mazaghean Woes - by Jamzor the Jaxxor - 05-09-2017, 12:07 AM
RE: Mazaghean Woes - by Jamzor the Jaxxor - 05-12-2017, 10:16 PM
RE: Mazaghean Woes - by Jamzor the Jaxxor - 05-21-2017, 04:49 AM
RE: Mazaghean Woes - by Jamzor the Jaxxor - 06-18-2017, 08:47 PM
RE: Mazaghean Woes - by Jamzor the Jaxxor - 06-24-2017, 12:17 PM