Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(New) Galasian Civil War
Part of me wants Angiris to just come in and steamroll the whole f***ing country and take it over but considering the bad publicity we'd assuredly get, I shall digress.

One thing the Angirisian Empire is not going to tolerate are the radical Akhadists and their supporters. This has politically dire consequences for both A'sir and Zargistan in Angirisian eyes, especially Zargistan after so many years of improving relations this would be a major step backward.

That said, the Angirisian Empire is split about who to support. On one hand, many in the Imperial government would want to back the Alsace government as it is seen as the "strongest" power and controls much of the military. But on the flip side, others would want to back the monarchists as many Angirisian officials see them as the legitimate authority in New Galasia. It's going to come down to who has annoyed Angiris the least and who can make the better case to the Empire for who has the better claim to build a new country out of this war.

The initial concern for the Empire will be refugees and controlling that flow from Eastmarch (as that looks to be the theater of war). Once we get that established, it would be time to formulate some kind of Plan B for controlling the situation. Whether this amounts to military action or humanitarian action will be up for debate. I will say that any military action will likely involve a no-fly zone, which would make it difficult for just about anyone to fly in ships, humanitarian or not. The Empire wouldn't be willing to take chances, especially if they're coming from A'sir or the central and southern Near East in the Akhadic heartland. I can also imagine the Imperial Legion would be quick to control the borders to stem the flow of foreign fighters, and this is without Angirisian military forces being directly involved in the fighting.

@Oertha: I can't imagine Angiris is going to call upon Nyland for additional assistance, though it's good to know that its there if it were to be required. And about A'sir like I just said, if Angiris found out A'sir was behind the radicals or even the Rojadavi Republic, that is going to really make the Empire go "WTF?" and consider A'sir hostile.

@Mestra: I think it is best that any remaining Galasian nobility stay relatively close to their country, so for that purpose I recommend any surviving royals and nobles come to Angiris, even in the event should we support the Alsace government. But that then would pose a bigger problem... if the Alsace government wins yet we all still recognize the monarchy, how does that square? I fear another war might erupt over this issue.
AERANDARIEL
THE GENTLEMAN VILLAIN

The Angirisian Empire/Dominion (2014- 2020)
The Solhaven Confederacy (2017-2020)
The Romulan Republic (2019-2020)

"If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader." - John Quincy Adams

Messages In This Thread
(New) Galasian Civil War - by Hadash - 12-28-2016, 10:36 PM
RE: (New) Galasian Civil War - by Aerandariel - 12-29-2016, 02:50 AM
RE: (New) Galasian Civil War - by Arkiania - 12-29-2016, 06:59 AM
RE: (New) Galasian Civil War - by Mestra - 12-29-2016, 09:33 PM
RE: (New) Galasian Civil War - by Hadash - 12-30-2016, 07:46 AM
RE: (New) Galasian Civil War - by Arkiania - 12-30-2016, 02:06 AM
RE: (New) Galasian Civil War - by Mestra - 12-30-2016, 04:49 AM
RE: (New) Galasian Civil War - by Aerandariel - 12-30-2016, 04:26 AM
RE: (New) Galasian Civil War - by Seperallis - 12-30-2016, 05:30 AM
RE: (New) Galasian Civil War - by Aerandariel - 12-30-2016, 06:02 AM
RE: (New) Galasian Civil War - by Seperallis - 12-30-2016, 05:16 PM