Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Re-doing the Last Twenty RP Years
To mark my semi-return, I have decided to do a lot of retconning and reconfiguring of the Angirisian Empire. A lot of the basic premises to the country are largely remaining the same, but the last twenty or so RP years worth of material are being stricken from the record and redone.

Angiris is easy because I know what I want to do with it:

History changes
Enough of the old history of the Angirisian Empire constantly being on the brink of collapse every time you turn around. The Empire remains the same age, but without a lot of the civil wars that plagued it back in the more ancient eras. Therefore you don't see a lot of rising and falling of a lot of dynasties. Yes, still some Emperors get knocked off because of incompetence or they just plain die young or even some die on the field of battle (especially in the early days), but there are hardly any who get knocked off because of revolution or civil war.

Another change I'm making to Angiris's history is the Sentric vs. Ostrid Church schism. It still happens, but unlike the original historical timeline, the Angirisian Empire ends up hardly caring about religious stuff and becomes more secular much earlier than it did before, likely during our equivalent of the Medieval Era. It goes without saying that I'm largely taking a lot of the religious aspect out of the national identity of Angiris when it comes to the Empire's actions in the past but that doesn't mean that the Ostrid Church isn't there; the Ostrid Church is still as strong in the modern era despite these changes but had to adapt without a lot of support from the Angirisian Empire and probably would now be headquartered somewhere else rather than Angiris. That means the old Temple City of Travincal (what was the Ostrid capital in a sense) is now either a regular city or abandoned.

One other change I'm making is a slight one: Drazen. Instead of it just sitting there with nominal independence despite Angirisian occupation, under the changed history of Angiris, the territory of Drazen will more than likely have been totally absorbed into the Angirisian Empire/Dominion despite anything other countries might say on the matter.

Another key change I'm making is the changeover from a full Empire into a constitutional monarchy of sorts. That's all erased and being done over, starting from the day Emperor Leoric died. His son Aidan still takes over as Emperor Tyrael but now has direct control over his government and the nation. So no more of these elections deciding which party gets what amount of seats in the Senate or what not. That's all over with. Now there may still be some elements of a representative government around in the new Angiris but it will largely be ceremonial with little to no effect on the Throne.

Government changes
With the erasing of the elections of the last 20+ years and the assertion of total control of the Angirisian government by the Emperor, it might be suffice to say that the Empire still changes a bit. Upon the coronation of Tyrael, he proclaimed the Old Empire obsolete and proceeded to announce that the Angirisian Empire would be reorganized into the Angirisian Dominion, and not much else changes in the overall structure of the Angirisian government or its bureaucracy. There still is a Senate with elected representatives, but as I mentioned before they don't have really any power.

Also, some of the provinces and cities are changing names...
Khanduras --> Marsara
Aranoch --> Helios
Westmarch --> Tython
Kehjistan --> Castanar
Skovos --> Braxis
Angleterre --> Tarsonis
Athelon --> Tyrador
Xiansai --> Veridia
Ohiae --> Antiga Prime
Virginium --> Torenis Prime

Westmarch City --> Tythonopolis
Xiansai City --> Veridian City
Caldeum --> Pridewater
Kurast --> Mephistopheles
Lut Gholein --> Borea
Daytium --> Dylar
Columbiana --> Miranar
Cuyahogium --> Mistaff
Thames --> Krydon
Seine --> Korhal

With these changes I am sure that some people will have questions or concerns, and I shall be happy to address them as they come along. But for now, these are the changes I'm making. There may yet be more.
AERANDARIEL
THE GENTLEMAN VILLAIN

The Angirisian Empire/Dominion (2014- 2020)
The Solhaven Confederacy (2017-2020)
The Romulan Republic (2019-2020)

"If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader." - John Quincy Adams

the cities stuff needs to be submitted in the map thread, btw
Role Play States

Holy Lanlanian Empire
Holy Emperor: Feryn I
Prime Minister: Klaus Lofgren
The Holy Lanlanian Empire is a multi-ethnic state based in western Brigidna with territories all across the globe. It is a relic of an older age, an absolute monarchy hidden under a functioning democracy. The empire has historically been the world's leading power, though has long been in decline and was recently overtaken by the Republic of Nyland. Nonetheless, the empire is not an opponent to take lightly.

Ishnalli Empire
Empress: Lanryu-il
Chancellor: IDEK
The greatest country in the world. It's YUUUUGGGEEEE.
Yeah I know but I figured I'd put something here. That way even I can't forget what cities are changing lol.
AERANDARIEL
THE GENTLEMAN VILLAIN

"If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader." - John Quincy Adams

Anyone else have questions/concerns?
AERANDARIEL
THE GENTLEMAN VILLAIN

are we friends now?
Role Play States

Holy Lanlanian Empire
The Holy Lanlanian Empire is a multi-ethnic state based in western Brigidna with territories all across the globe. It is a relic of an older age, an absolute monarchy hidden under a functioning democracy. The empire has historically been the world's leading power, though has long been in decline and was recently overtaken by the Republic of Nyland. Nonetheless, the empire is not an opponent to take lightly.

Ishnalli Empire
Will there be any changes to the Angirisian-Mestran alliance or relations ??

Also, just to clarify... I always envisioned the Mestrans would have claimed a great capital/holy seat for the Ostrid faith. Mestrans are highly devout, at least at the time. Thought this could have been a point of contention between Mestra and Angiris, but wasn't a strong gripe. Could you clarify the religious changes so that they are a bit more clear, especially in context with the Imperium? Just so I don't get something wrong later on Tongue
I thought you and Gallia had some weird national religion? Something about sanctuaries or such. IDEK. <_<

But we can totally move the Ostrid's church power center to the south.
Role Play States

Holy Lanlanian Empire

Ishnalli Empire
(10-14-2018, 03:50 PM)Ayzek Wrote: I thought you and Gallia had some weird national religion? Something about sanctuaries or such. IDEK. <_<

But we can totally move the Ostrid's church power center to the south.

I would assume that the old Galliasian empire had a different religion and likely changed religions. Like how the Roman Empire converted to christianity. With that case, Mestra would have been more orthodox, thus Ostrid. I assume.

I believe Gallia has a more celtic/druidic religion or at least that was the case; it probably has some fusion of Ostrid faith mixed in.
Well, in any case, I am ECSTATIC that you are a cool bros who follows one of the main religions.
Role Play States

Holy Lanlanian Empire

Ishnalli Empire
(10-14-2018, 04:32 PM)Ayzek Wrote: Well, in any case, I am ECSTATIC that you are a cool bros who follows one of the main religions.

lol, of course I would follow a staple religion, fits the background, besides its less work to build a new one Tongue