Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Iceball: OOC Registration and News
What's Žoga, also known as Iceball? You asked yourself. It is simply the latest sensation in Siora, the most popular winter sport since now. You can read about it here, in the wiki (I took some liberties about the history of the sport, which are likely to be changed soon, though). Well, actually it is simply a real sport, Bandy, just with a cooler (and Mordvanian, of course) name, because it can't be in another way.

It is open to everyone to participate, and depending how many people is interested, we'll see how it will work out. As I imagine there won't be many nations involved, the score will be more or less balanced, with some extra bonus points for geography, climate, history, RP stories and, of course, randomized results. If your nation was mentioned in the wiki and you want that your nation has nothing to do with this sport, you can say it as well. For those interested, you can submit the follow the instrucstion:

If you are interested to participate in the World Cup (national teams), complete the following template and post it in this same thread:

Show ContentWorld Cup template:

Show ContentExample:

If you are interested to participate in the World Championship (club teams) complete the following template and send it to me as a PM (you're allowed to send up to 6 teams per section - i.e., six men and six women teams, independently how many different clubs they are):

Show ContentWorld Championship template:
Show Contentexample:

Registration for 1582 events will be opened until February 12.
Name: Harmajaa
First officially recognized Iceball match in your country: 1502
How popular is Iceball in your country: Very popular

Iceball has quite the following in Harmajaa, where it is easy to get access to playing facilities. There are several regional leagues that play, and there are an estimated 200 different clubs within Harmajaa, most of which are amateur. There is no national league in Harmajaa, though there is a national tournament that the every club competes for each year. Many teams in harmajaa are school teams or amateur teams, though the most successful clubs are professional or semi-professional.

Name: Florinthus
First officially recognized Iceball match in your country: 1553
How popular is Iceball in your country: nobody heard about it

The Iceball Association in Florinthus is very recently founded. All teams are either semi-professional or amateur, though in the past few years it has grown in popularity slightly, and some money is available for champions. The league includes twenty-four teams at the moment, though there is turnover at the bottom, as teams fold and form. The biggest clubs as of now are the following:

Lordsport Iceball Club: One of the original seven Iceball teams, has the most titles
Denil Lubbers I.C.: Another original seven team, has one title but has become very competitive in the last few years
Bolton Waza I.C.: original seven, no titles but one of the few semi-pro teams
Haverford Crewe I.C.: original seven
Tarleton I.C.: original seven, affiliated with Tarleton AA football club

Name: Galeae
First officially recognized Iceball match in your country: 1553
How popular is Iceball in your country: nobody heard about it

Iceball is not very popular in Galeae, though there are players. There are a few Galeaen clubs, though they play in the Florinthian leagues typically if at all. There is talk of creating a Galeaen and Vienlander league, but the capital is not there yet.
Name: Oslanburg
First officially recognized Iceball match in your country: 1565
How popular is Iceball in your country: Nobody heard about it (Same level as Flo)

Name: Ceribia
First officially recognized Iceball match in your country: 1530
How popular is Iceball in your country: somewhat popular

Will send teams in PM later

The Arch-Kingdom of Oslanburg
Head of State: HM Arch-King Aerin III
Head of Government: Prime Minister Nis Overgaard

The Ceribian Federation
Head of State: President Okropir Bakradze
Head of Government: Prime Minister Daviti Dgebuadze

Name: Saratovan Federation
First officially recognized Iceball match in your country: 1526(Saratovan Independence)
How popular is Iceball in your country: 2nd most popular sport in Saratov alongside Hockey.
Name: Licit Chiri Mandate
First officially recognized Iceball match in your country: 1571, the first year of the operation of the Žoga Division of the Leisure, Fitness, Citizen Body Enhancement and State Empowerment through Healthy Citizen Bureau.
How popular is Iceball in your country: Alongside association football and traditional hockey, Žoga is one of the mandated fitness activities that citizen teams may choose to participate in to fulfill their fitness time block. The Leisure, Fitness, Citizen Body Enhancement and State Empowerment through Healthy Citizen Bureau oversees all citizen fitness and leisure time activities and its Žoga Division serves as national association for the sport.
Name: Vestor Licit People's Mandate
First officially recognized Iceball match in your country: 1571, the first year of the operation of the Žoga Division of the Leisure, Fitness, Citizen Body Enhancement and State Empowerment through Healthy Citizen Bureau.
How popular is Iceball in your country: Alongside association football and traditional hockey, Žoga is one of the mandated fitness activities that citizen teams may choose to participate in to fulfill their fitness time block. The Leisure & Fitness Administration oversees all citizen fitness and leisure time activities and its Žoga Division serves as national association for the sport.