Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A re-write of The Kortoan War
This might be small. After digging up some old PMs I have some sort of an idea.

1185 CE: Oslanburg invades Kortoa to secure position/trade position in the region
1190 CE: War ends
1190 - 1505 CE: Period of colonization
1515 CE - present: Independent Kortoa

So as to how Kortoa fell under colonial rule. My guess would be using real life as reference, Kortoa would be technologically disadvantaged do to not being completely armed with muskets yet. As to becoming independent how would Oslandburg respond to protests and possibly riots at the time?

I'll edit this later.
Just an offer to help with things if you want. Perhaps the Imperium provided aid to the Kortoan independence movement, secretly of course. Likely to allow the Imperium to obtain trade routes and such in the new nation and the region. Perhaps this could also be the reason why Mestra helps in the Kortoan War? Likely to secure Mestran interests in maintaining trade in the region/nation? Of course any humanitarian reasons would likely force the Imperium to act as well. Just an option, I can always think up something else if you want.
Ehh....Oslanburg's decolonization in southern Ostara was fairly peaceful, with the sole exception of Tiejungo (Though this bit has been talked over cause of things). Otherwise, Singan and Hoinom went pretty good

If the Kortoan's would have wanted independence, they just would have gotten it and Oslanburg would have continued normal relations with them, cause you know even though you may be independent we still want to be best buds Wink ...just that they'd be independent now.

As for how your civil war started, I can assume Kortoa was a monarchy before it was subjugated by Oslan right Ark?

Perhaps, that monarchy was reinstated before Oslan left, and the government under said monarchy/the monarchy itself, doesn't handle governing the newly freed nation that well....so maybe a coup was attempted by some fairly strong republican officers from the Kortoan military say a few years later?

The Arch-Kingdom of Oslanburg
Head of State: HM Arch-King Aerin III
Head of Government: Prime Minister Nis Overgaard

The Ceribian Federation
Head of State: President Okropir Bakradze
Head of Government: Prime Minister Daviti Dgebuadze

Okay and then consider it as massive protests. Kortoa was a monarchy before it was conquered by Oslanburg. I think it would make sense for it to be a monarchy after it gains independence. I guess would be since the colonization the monarchs would be significally weaker than before it what colonized.
Very brief happening of events after talking to Ark:
  • Demonstrations for independence in erupt in Kortoa, following similiar movements in other Oslanburgan colonies in Ostara
  • Agreement for Kortoan inpendence, is agreed between Oslanburg and colonial leaders, which include the restoration of the old Kortoan monarchy
  • A couple years down the line after Oslanburgan departure, the Kortoan government is couped by right wing republican officers. Setting up the stage for his civil war

The Ceribian Federation

Okay to what we discussed in chat. I have expanded on this. Its still in question as to how Svarna reacts and would be affected by this.

Kortoans hold demonstrations demanding independence. Afterwards Oslanburg reinstalls the Kortoan Monarchy. However the monarchy is very weak. 10 years later, Riots and demonstrations spark through out the nation between Republicans and the Nationalists. The monarch is forced to abdicate to Republican factions within the government. Nationalists within the military resist and begin attacking republican troops. The nationalists establish themselves in the old capital of Hyeyong. With most of the military on the nationalist side. The nationalists quickly gain ground on the weakened and disorganized Republicans.
Svarna would react badly to any invasion, it would see it as foreign interference on the continent so aid rebels in the cause for independence.
Vote in Voice of Goldecia. You decide!
(02-07-2017, 02:02 PM)BrumBrum Wrote: Svarna would react badly to any invasion, it would see it as foreign interference on the continent so aid rebels in the cause for independence.

Are you talking about when Oslanburg invades Kortoa making it a colony? Or after it gains its independence. Because the road to independence was peaceful. Now for the civil war which side would Svarna support at the time?
Well this thing just sort of died thanks to Brum. I guess we will have to ignore brum for now. So I am just going to write a bit more.

Mass demonstrations take place all around the Kortoan Peninsula demanding independence. With the massive pressure, the colonial government petitions Oslanburg for the independence of Kortoa. Oslanburg grants Kortoa independence with the restoration of the monarchy. However the monarchy's leadership is weak and revolutionary fervor begins to spread throughout the people, government, and military. Eventually two factions come out as the most prevalent; The Republicans, and Nationalists. The Republicans have support from most of the government, but the Nationalists have the most support from the military. In 1520, The Republicans stage massive protests, the police respond aggressively sparking riots outside the capital building in Hyeyong. With the risk of being overthrown violently by the rioters, the King abdicates and gives control the Republicans. The Nationalists resist and mobilize the military to seize Hyeyong from the Republicans. Fighting erupts in the streets between Republican and Nationalists forces. However with the Nationalists having support of most of the military, The Republicans evacuate to the current capital of Seobaek. The weak and disorganized Republicans are quickly pushed back.

In Nationalist controlled territory, anyone suspected of support the republicans are shot, and Oslanburg citizens are put in concentration camps. Oslanburg intervenes and joins the conflict on the side of the Republicans. Shortly after Svarnan troops cross the Kortoan border to strengthen Nationalist troops. However, due to the superiority of equipment and training, Oslaburgan troops along with Kortoan troops break Nationalist lines after 6 months of fighting. Over the course of 2 years Republican and Oslanburgan troops push the Nationalists back to the West of the peninsula recapturing roughly the borders created by the ceasefire agreement. The advance eventually stalles and for the remainder of the war, it becomes a stalemate. With Oslanburg refusing to take more casualties, and the exhausted Republican forces unable to advance further. On 1525, both sides agree to a ceasefire and split the Kortoan Peninsula between East and West. The treaty also relocates Oslanburg citizens to the East or back to Oslanburg. The Republicans form the Federal Republic of Kortoa, while the Nationalists form the Democratic Workers Republic, under a ruthless dynastic regime.
Given we still need a way for the formation of West Kortoa, I'm willing to let ti slide that high causalities is why we stopped spilling your blood e_e

But either way I'm generally fine with what is written here.

The Ceribian Federation