Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Survey - who recognizes fascist Akitsu?
So, this is something I need to figure out before I do anything else with Akitsu.

For those of you that don't know, Akitsu went though a coup that toppled a democratically elected government and installed a dictatorship. These coup plotters have established their new governments, and I'm just skipping over the parts I'm not interested in RP'ing (namely, trying to preserve the coup in the immediate aftermath) and assuming the coup gov't survived..... somehow (please, just roll with it, I know this is complete bullshit in terms of realism but at this point just fuck it).

I want to know - who recognizes this new government? Who doesn't recognize it?

I'll add you to a table once you tell me. Here's what I know right now:

Show ContentTable of Recognition (click to view):

Please tell me your country name(s) and whether or not they recognize this new regime of Akitsu. I want to know what diplomatic opportunities this new government does/does not have.
Kortoa doesn't, Saratov doesn't, Arkiania doesn't.
Goldecia:No
Strathae:No
Svarna Surya:No
Kubaniza and Arrenland do not recognize.

Zargistan does, because why not.

Nabatho is silent on the topic.
Severyane, East Kaljurand, and Mithraina no

West Kaljurand yes
HLE, Ishnalla, Wilmington Republic - no, no, no;
All Directorate-cared NPCs: nope.

This isn't likely to change after elections (except for maybe select NPCs Akitsu bribes somehow). The coupers may have allowed observers, but they took explicit steps to make them as vulnerable to hidden rigging as possible. And banned exit polls to boot.

That may be enough to justify recognition from states that don't care how democratic Akitsu really is ("See? They were democratically elected."), but the suspicion of rigging, coupled with the fact that the people running the election /gained that position through armed forced/ and...those that do care aren't exactly convinced ("The guys who previously seized power with force? Through a system vulnerable to rigging by those in control of it? Lolveryfunny."). Tongue
Role Play States

Holy Lanlanian Empire
Holy Emperor: Feryn I
Prime Minister: Klaus Lofgren
The Holy Lanlanian Empire is a multi-ethnic state based in western Brigidna with territories all across the globe. It is a relic of an older age, an absolute monarchy hidden under a functioning democracy. The empire has historically been the world's leading power, though has long been in decline and was recently overtaken by the Republic of Nyland. Nonetheless, the empire is not an opponent to take lightly.

Ishnalli Empire
Empress: Lanryu-il
Chancellor: IDEK
The greatest country in the world. It's YUUUUGGGEEEE.
You know Angiris does NOT recognize the new Akitsian government. Tuscarawas on the other hand as of now has no official stance but it is not pleased with the coup.
AERANDARIEL
THE GENTLEMAN VILLAIN

The Angirisian Empire/Dominion (2014- 2020)
The Solhaven Confederacy (2017-2020)
The Romulan Republic (2019-2020)

"If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader." - John Quincy Adams

Neither Eskkya nor Galizia currently recognise the fascist regime. Whilst it is highly unlikely that either country will reverse its present stance in the foreseeable future, if the regime somehow manages to survive, Eskkya might first reestablish informal relations and then recognise the regime eventually. However, that will certainly not occur in the foreseeable future for sure.
Nerysia recognizes the Akitian regime.

Batavia does not recognize the regime and is unlikely to do so.
Nentsia does not recognize it, but everything has a price in Nentsia....
I think I said Biyra doesn't in the other thread on the other board but I think I'll change that to a yes
Is He Active Now? Only Time Will Tell...