Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eternity in The Sims
[Image: s1jDTZN.png]
Not the final version, but definitely the best image.

I made Blac. Kind of.

Actually, I made Hahk too, but I'm not happy with his appearance and may change it and might go back to it. Honestly, I'm not happy with either, but I've resigned myself that the game simply doesn't support a certain kind of eye shape. Also I should see if I can find more eyebrows and hairs to install.

Anyway, for some reason we decided to start with the most difficult face first: re-creating an Antiguan in a game about white middle-class suburbia. It was thwarted by the game's limitations at about every possible opportunity. Not to say that the sim we ended up with wasn't good in its own right, but it wasn't Blac. Really, I don't think anyone we've made so far is 100% accurate, but that's fine, it would be a little creepy if things were.

Anyway, i thought people might like to see the creative process, so I made a video. I was thinking of doing videos of everyone showing the creative process. I have footage of making Hahk, but I might revisit him after perusing some more assets, to see if I can get a better version out.

Anyway, enjoy.

(02-16-2018, 01:26 AM)Seperallis Wrote:
(02-15-2018, 01:04 AM)Flo Wrote: Deg deg!
Sul sul!
Srekapati?! Bwezee!
Wut

thats simlish, fool

Trust me when I say, watch the whole thing. It'll be worth it. Or maybe it won't, I don't know you.

Made our boi Hahk. Nothing's wrong with me. I'm absolutely 100% fine.

Hahk is another person whose head and facial features don't translate well - or at all - into The Sims. I could probably find a mod for the eyebrows, but the eye shape (the game can't really do that "sleepy" eye very well) and just something about the overall head shape doesn't quite work, but I already mentioned in maybe my first post how the game just kind of gives everyone angular noses and V-shaped jaws. BUT, it's still fun, and I'm not really disappointed in the end result. Hahk might be, but I'm not.
[Image: 0mkqQ4n.jpg?1]
When you say "do what you want with my body," this is what I do. You're on notice too, Ikarius.

But nah, I definitely didn't leave it like that...mostly. The game more or less started us off with our perfect vision for Flo, except he was a lobster. Lobster Flo.

We always have trouble with the eyes, but I think I've just been getting better at learning how to abuse the create-a-sim to get pretty darn close to passable. Not exact - I keep harping on the fact that I need new mods for this or that, but I couldn't actually be bothered to go search for them - but at least I'm pretty happy with the result. It looks nothing like Flo, but it does look like what Flo should look like.

Wink

I don't know what's going on with my video recording, though. I hadn't changed any settings, but suddenly my raw max quality mp4 recordings are starting to look as blurry and artifacted as low-quality motion-jpeg...and of course compression from Movie Maker makes it more noticable. I'm going to run some tests with different recording codecs and see if that fixes anything (also did a complete wipe and reinstall of Bandicam and my graphics drivers, but that was for a different issue), but sadly I didn't really notice this problem until I had already recorded all the footage I plan on using. Oh well.

No witty description here, just a video showing me making the likeness of The Emperor in The Sims 3. Unlike the previous three, he has a very sim-able face, though I'm sure I didn't quite get it entirely right since my source material wasn't of the best quality...for example, I couldn't make out the eyes very well. But that's alright, what else is new? Flipped Smile

I, of course, had to give him that Saints shirt, though maybe I should have given him that Patriots shirt as a joke.

I had the most fun with this one. This is what happens when I have absolute free agency to do whatever I want.

Oh sure, it could have been worse...it could always be worse. Actually, honestly, it's not bad at all.
You're amazing and I love you, please take my virtual body as your own.

Dayum, boi, your vidyas are getting l33t®.

LINES THE GREAT.

THE BULLY THING. I like burgers? Pizza? Shrimp? Rocks and/or Indie. BLLUUUEEEE. I DREAM OF WORLD CONQUEST.

Letting you decide the traits sounds like half the fun.
Role Play States

Holy Lanlanian Empire
Holy Emperor: Feryn I
Prime Minister: Klaus Lofgren
The Holy Lanlanian Empire is a multi-ethnic state based in western Brigidna with territories all across the globe. It is a relic of an older age, an absolute monarchy hidden under a functioning democracy. The empire has historically been the world's leading power, though has long been in decline and was recently overtaken by the Republic of Nyland. Nonetheless, the empire is not an opponent to take lightly.

Ishnalli Empire
Empress: Lanryu-il
Chancellor: IDEK
The greatest country in the world. It's YUUUUGGGEEEE.
Alright boi, I finally got around to editing your video. We actually got the character made on the 4th, but I got distracted with other things and also didn't know the direction I was going to take with this. I think Io finally figured it out.

Sims actually does a pretty good job at modeling your kind of face. I was frustrated at first, but then I remembered some ways to manipulate the sliders and trick it into doing what I wanted it to do. I'm getting better and better at this, learning the interactions between multiple sliders and settings to have it do things I couldn't otherwise be able to accomplish.

I'm getting annoyed with Movie Maker; maybe it's just in serious need of an update, but I have the problem where the imported music/sound gets out of sync with the video during the preview if you try to preview scenes in the middle of the video... though the problem "fixes" itself when you preview all the way from the beginning, and in the final saved version. Normally this isn't a problem, but if you're trying to edit video in-time with the audio, it makes it a huge chore to get done if it's not done at the very beginning. Like the ending of this one, it's about a half-second off from where I intended it to be, but I couldn't be bothered to play 8 minutes of a stuttery preview, tweak a little, and then wait another 8 minutes to see if the changes worked well.

Oh well, it's good enough. Maybe it's time to invest in Premier or Vegas, if this is going to be a real hobby.
It's only been MONTHS since the last video...holy balls, since March. It doesn't feel that long ago. Sweet baby dill pickle.

Anyway, I finally got around to getting this last video out.

We made Nents and Hadash for Eternityhaus! With that, the family is all set and ready to play, we just have to get the house ready...which is also a video that should be coming, but I have to still do voice recording for it. Or maybe I won't, but I do really want to show off Sal's interior decorating that I talked about (I helped somewhat!), and what better way than with a house tour?

Anyway, another video we did ages ago, but I finally got around to editing the video! It wasn't hard and it barely took any time, I'm just swamped with things that I ignore in favor of wasting time with games and the internet, because I'm an adult.

As always, I don't make revenue from this hobby. Hitting that "like" button helps more than you know, and of course subscribing is a good way to know about my next video without having to look at the Eternity forums (though you should anyway)!

Bonus content: extra pictures!

[Image: dnA8fep.png]
What did you do to your arms?

[Image: ya54HHH.png]
Majestic

[Image: 7QWdxoD.jpg]
Flo is not amused with the smell of Hadash, as expected from an Andalusian.

[Image: DtDmW17.png]
*sniff*