Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
State of Recruitment: June 25, 2017
State of Recruitment Report #2: June 25, 2017
Hello everyone. I wanted to take a moment to give everyone a brief update as to what has been going on recently in the Recruitment Office. We have a lot of changes so try to follow along!

The Recruitment Office: Back Online!
So I finally moved into the new office. And did quite a bit of spring summer cleaning. Holy shit there was a lot to clean up; everything was all dusty and there were cobwebs and there was this skeleton in the closet. Also, all the pin boards were all tilted at exactly 16 degrees off center...

Well, I fixed all of that. The office and the furniture are all clean and shiny, I replaced anything that needs to be replaced, and put the pin boards back where they needed to be. Also I hired the skeleton as the new Assistant for Recruitment. His name's Mr. Dooter. 

[Image: spXaTVp.png]
Mr. Dooter, Posing Like One of Your French Girls

New Telegrams Have Been Approved!
So the telegrams have been updated from the 2016 model into the futuristic and stylish version of 2017. So, like a year's difference. Which is like a six year's difference in Siora! So there! Checkmate skeptics!

Anyways, the office has developed a new Welcome Telegram that gives basic instructions on how to begin participation in the region and a New Nations Recruitment Telegram that focuses on nations coming from the Feeders (any Pacific regions in NS). Our next goal is to begin developing a Revived Nations Recruitment Telegram that focuses on nations in the Sinkers (the places where dead nations revive).

This is very important to note so please read this. PLEASE DO NOT RECRUIT ON BEHALF OF ETERNITY WITHOUT AUTHORIZING IT THROUGH LINES AND LETTING ME KNOW FIRST. The enthusiasm is absolutely appreciated, but it is important to keep in the know on this because we can get in serious trouble if things are done wrong. We usually have an autotelegrammer that sends out messages via the NS API. Additionally, you have to be authorized by the NS Region's administration in order to be approved as a recruiter. Unauthorized recruitment, especially using the NationStates API can put us in very serious trouble with NationStates on a technical level; that's the worst kind of trouble you can get into with them because we can lose access to the API.

Autotelegrammer... Needs a Bit of Tuning
Speaking of the autotelegramming machine, we got it up and running! And it's awesome! Over the past few days, we have sent out almost 470 telegrams to various nations in the Pacifics, with a few queued for sending.

You may have also smelled some smoke coming from that machine, or saw me in a panic recently. Yeah... turns out the machine needs some fine-tuning (which is also why Mr. Dooter has been removed from mechanic work). Something must have disrupted the connection with the API of NationStates and as a result, we ran into a ratelimit (which means we can't send more telegrams at the moment). We are waiting for all queued telegrams to be put through before the machine starts up again. This will hopefully be completed by tonight. If not, the machine will be back up and running tomorrow.

That's all I have to report for now! Take care!