Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Siora Awards 2016
. . : : The Siora Awards 2016 : : . .

Hello Hello, and welcome back to the Siora Awards! This last October marked the second full year for the Eternity community as we know it, and boy, what a year it has been! A full year of larfs and writing, full of highs, lows, one very busy move to a new forum host, and hopefully some memories and friendships we'll be able to carry forward into this year and beyond.

So of course being the end of the year and the beginning of the next, it is time for Siora's Second Annual rendition of an awardsy-type thing! That's right, we're running this again despite my best judgment, folks. We like slapping ourselves on the back for things, and now we can do it in OfficialTM Fashion! That's right, if you ever felt that your unfathomable genius has ever been under/unacknowledged, now is your opportunity to rectify that most grievous error! Since these OfficialTM Awards are being decided by all the members of the community, now is the chance for your brilliance to shine above and earn utterly meaningless titles and PRIZES.*

Oh boy! How do I participate in this OfficialTM Activity?
Great question, you must be head of your class, a brilliant sparkle in the corner of your parents' eyes! All you have to do is copy everything within the spoilered code box below into a PM addressed directly to me, include your ONE vote for each category (which are explained below), and then submit the pm. After a Certain Amount Of TimeTM, all submitted "votes" will be tallied, and winners in each individual category declared - though we all know you'll win, you wonderful person you - to much celebration and fanfare.

Or just pop it in this thread, if you give absolutely zero fffffffffriendly bananas if people know how you voted.

Everyone gets to vote for everything; there are no special people with special votes for certain categories. Furthermore, while it's fine to not vote for a category if you can't think of anything for it, only a maximum of one vote is allowed for each.

WOW! It's so easy, even Soya can do it!**

Show ContentAwards Vote Submission Form:

Wait, what happened to the last one?
The 2015 Awards, and their results, can be found here.

Can I vote for myself?
That's a bitch move, but you can vote for yourself as long as you can live with the knowledge that you's a bitch.

These OfficialTM Category names are weird, what do they mean?
Good question! Below are short explanations for each of the categories, so you know what you're voting for!

Member of the Year: The member who best represents what we want every member to be like, who best represents the best all-around person we like to have in our community. Completely arbitrary & subjective.

Contributor of the Year: Someone who contributed something of significant value to the community, generally someone who added/brought something that bettered the community as a whole.

Writer of the Year: The person who consistently writes the very wow stories, characters, etc. Maybe not the most quantity, but his/her consistent quality always impresses.

Newcomer of the Year: Like "Member of the Year," but specifically for people that joined the forum in 2016 only. Use that "Members" button at the top of the forum if you have to.

Most Active: Who on the forum is in the most dire need of sunlight and/or going the fuck to sleep.

Most Helpful: Someone whose always there to lend a non-judgmental, non-cynical hand with advice or guidance on any subject asked of them.

Most Creative: Who made the prettiest pretty? Pictures, videos...uh, sculptures? Artistic, creative-type stuff.

Best Sport: Typically someone fairly humble, the kind of person you always want to hang out or write with. Someone who's really quiet pleasant even in "defeat."

Forum's Favorite Flag: We have a bazillion fake fucking nations, surely one of them has a flag you really like.

Most Memorable Moment: Anything - could be a post, chat snippet, anything - that was "totally epic," something that stood out as something worth remembering.

The President Caesar Memorial Award: The forum's most notorious lurker, someone most likely to not see this post or know that they even won this award.

Shepherd of the Drama Llamas: Damn Drama Llamas keep escaping, I tell you...

Card Czar: Who is king or queen of the spam. someone who gets everyone together for a fun time.

Most Captivating Story: The story (mtrp, fantasy, free-form, anything), and writer, that captured your attention and that you follow religiously? Bonus points if you have no active part in it.

Most Developed Character: Like above, which person's RP/story/writing character really sticks out to you as someone/something memorable? Doesn't matter if the character is recurring or a one-shot "disposable" thing.

* No actual prizes exist. Any Prizes awarded are not affiliated with or condoned by the Siora AwardsTM.
** No tests have been conducted on actual Soyas to determine their capacity for following simple instructions.
Just to clarify, I'm going to leave this open for nominations until the 1st of February, to give more people who aren't here plenty of time for consideration. Not like this thing is time-sensitive, anyway. Flipped Smile
This is a reminder that the nomination period will be closing within a week. 31 January is the last day to submit nominations, after which I will be compiling the results and preparing neat overviews of each winner; you can expect results posted the 3rd or 4th of February.
This is a reminder that nominations have closed. I will post results shortly, sometime this week, most likely; a little later than hoped, but we had an unexpected visitor these last few days. (also I'm busy with a video contest again, so shhhh)

Looking forward to the results. Flipped Smile
I keep thinking everytime you post...you're announcing the results <_<

The Arch-Kingdom of Oslanburg
Head of State: HM Arch-King Aerin III
Head of Government: Prime Minister Nis Overgaard

The Ceribian Federation
Head of State: President Okropir Bakradze
Head of Government: Prime Minister Daviti Dgebuadze

Hue hue hue hue hue
. . : : The Siora Awards 2016 : : . .
Final Results

Ah, I'm happy with the (slightly) increased number of responses we had this year. Without much ado, lets get on with our wonderful grand winners.

Most Developed Character: Hadash, with "Tilda Morgen" [ [ Runner-ups: Zabuza/"Noboru Hazama"; Seperallis/"Bill Mullins" ] ]
Hadash wins the category with his character, leader of Nyland and most powerful woman in the world. While deposed in 1580's elections, Tilda Morgen sparked continuous debate and controversy in the halls of power in Nyland, and apparently captured hearts of members of the forum.

Most Captivating Story: "Dying New Galasia" & "The Cleanest Team" [ [ Runner-ups: "The Saga of Bloodaxe"; Nyland's Elections ] ]
A tie? Two stories captured much attention last year.

Hadash's story "Dying New Galasia" captured the attentions of many, as the Near East country continued (and continues) ist spiral into self-destruction, engulfing the entire region in a crisis of civil war and human migration. Meanwhile, Nents managed to give the personal story of the trials and tribulations of professional sports doping life and interest with his exploration into the threats and conundrums faced by Siora's professional cyclists.

Card Czar: Sal
Ladies and gentlemen, your undisputed Card Czar and champion for a second year running!

Shepherd of the Drama Llamas: Lomarre
Lomarre has finally been crowned undisputed Drama Llama champion in this category that sparks much confusion as to what exactly anyone even means by this title

The President Caesar Memorial Award: President Caesar
The myth, the man, the legend. Delt finally claims his namesake category, after somehow not receiving any nominations for it last year. What's up with that?

Most Memorable Moment: Tied, see below
We have a three-way tie, which is interesting and certainly didn't happen before. Well, let's get into it.

- - Seperallis was one winner, earning votes for both last year's Siora Awards as well as every single moment where he's a generally snarky asshole...which is all the time. ALL the time.
- - Flo was winner #2, earning votes with a suspenseful World Cup that was eventually won by underdogs Kyrzbekistan over a powerhouse of Nyland, as well as last Holidays' super hit event, the gift exchange, which should DEFINITELY be done again.
- - Finally, Lines did a forum migrartion. A forced forum migration, because something something omg we have to do it now because wiki will be broken...and then the wiki being broken anyway.

Forum's Favorite Flag: Lines with the Eternity flag [ [ Honorable Mention: Anakinexi & Angiris; Nents & Nerysia; Sal & Karjelinn ] ]
I mean, look at it.

Best Sport: Severyane [ [ Honorable Mention: RC; Mestra; Blacaria; Flo ] ]
One aspect of being a good sport is a willingness to put enjoyment above any personal desire to one-up someone else. We all like to think we're good sports, but it really is a truly rare thing for someone to really jst set aside all ego and just be in it for the fun of it. These kinds of people are always a pleasure to be around, because you know you're always going to be in for a good time doing whatever you're doing together. These people make the best collaborators, and are always pleasant and in demand when it comes to writing.

Hahk's also just a really cool guy.

Most Creative: Seperallis & Sal [ [ Honorable Mention: Sev/Hahk; DeShaine; Flo ] ]
lol i dunno. I mean, obviously Sal's creative; she made all those tasty awards ribbons, and is also just really neat at drawing stuff. But me? Maybe you think I have creative writing ideas? Psh, you guys are weird.

Most Helpful: Blacaria & Flo [ [ Honorable Mention: Lines ] ]
Another tie! It's pretty obvious why Blac & Flo won this. While the rest of us are being snarky little shits, they're answering questions and being nice and helpful. Good Guys Blac & Flo.

Most Active: Hadash [ [ Honorable Mention: Lines ] ]
Well, the two have switched places this last year. Lines is still always online and needs to go to sleep, but Hadash has really come into his own as an active member of the forums, nearly always online and always taking on more "responsibilities" while making regular posts and starting new activities and threads. Well done.

Now, for the very fancy, very prestigious, very arbitrary "of the Year" awards! Wow, so important!

Newcomer of the Year: Octitania [ [ Runner-ups: Eskkya; Battlion ] ]
His Wizardness (Octitania) came to these forums very active, always willing to get into actiities, as well as starting hsi own. Fairly young, he still learned much and got better at things while being here, and he ight veryu well ahve become a bigger and more well-known member of the community had real life not intervened and forced him to leave for long periods of time. Good luck in school out there, kiddo, and we'll see you later. o/

Writer of the Year: Nents [ [ Runner-up: Hadash; Zabuza ] ]
Nents returns as Writer of the Year for a second year running, claiming the 2016 award as well, now. I mean, my words about him haven't changed all that much...he is not only a prolific writer, but also a quality craftsman of fiction and intrigue. Always well-read on a number of topics, Nents is able to weave history and fiction together into deep, engaging plots that make you want to keep returning to read post after post. His stories are just a wonderful asset to have in our community.

Contributor of the Year: Seperallis [ [ Runner-up: Nents; Sev; Hahk; Sal ] ]
Y'all bitches be crazy. I don't know why you sillies even chose me. Seriously.

Someone else can write the paragraph for this if they want, because I'm completely at a loss.

Member of the Year: Flo [ [ Honorable Mention: Blac; Sev; Sal ] ]
This was actually a tie between Blac and Flo, so coins were flipped.

Not that either's less deserving than the other of this, the greatest subjective honor we can bestow upon our fellow beasts. Why Flo? Well, why not? Have you not seen him? He's just generally so great, right? He's creative, he's active, he's always willing to help people, he submits regular content and keeps us updated on the sportsball, he's a decent human being...He's generally much better than nearly all of us at not being dicks to each other, and isn't that what really matters?

What's not to like? Flipped Smile

Thank you all for one wonderful year, and a hearty congratulations to all of our winners on their shiny new, meaningless, arbitrary awards! Yay!
With the awards concluded, I have a few announcements to make regarding the 2017 awards, so that I have them officially posted somewhere to remind me for all posterity instead of forgetting like I always do.

FIRST, after two years of confusion as to what the "drama llama" category actually means, in 2017 it shall be discontinued as we currently know it, and split into two separate groups:
1) Shepherd of the Drama Llamas - for quelling or resolving the dramas
2) Liberator of the Drama Llamas - for starting or exacerbating the dramas

SECOND, after much debate and hurt feelings, I have deliberated long and hard for a new category to be added. We shall call it, "Anakinexi's Average Honorific Award" to be presented to the man or woman who is probably the most average of the average when it comes to members of this forum...someone so wholely unremarkable in their actions that you're having trouble remembering that they even exist on the forums.

These changes will take place starting with the 2017 awards at the end of this year.
Thank you.
D000dz! Administration has added this year's "of the year" ribbons to the list of awards to display on your postbit (though, it hasn't yet added added the ribbon itself due to reasons). If you have multiple awards, you can choose which one you'd like to display on your postbit-kun via your user control panel under "Additional Information". A list of all your awards is available on your profile (though, I may have misssed one or six, so if you've received an award but this isn't recognized on your profile, just mention it!).

Please note that the list of User Awards on the UCP contains all available awards, even ones that haven't been granted to you. If you're discovered flying a badge/ribbon/pretty you haven't actually officially been awarded, you will be warned, because that's not cool, yo.
Role Play States

Holy Lanlanian Empire
Holy Emperor: Feryn I
Prime Minister: Klaus Lofgren
The Holy Lanlanian Empire is a multi-ethnic state based in western Brigidna with territories all across the globe. It is a relic of an older age, an absolute monarchy hidden under a functioning democracy. The empire has historically been the world's leading power, though has long been in decline and was recently overtaken by the Republic of Nyland. Nonetheless, the empire is not an opponent to take lightly.

Ishnalli Empire
Empress: Lanryu-il
Chancellor: IDEK
The greatest country in the world. It's YUUUUGGGEEEE.