Eternity RPC Board
A catch up on the events of my nations - Printable Version

+- Eternity RPC Board (http://board.eternityrpc.com)
+-- Forum: Oblivion Compound (http://board.eternityrpc.com/forum-16.html)
+--- Forum: Library of Eternity (http://board.eternityrpc.com/forum-20.html)
+---- Forum: Siora MTRP Archive (http://board.eternityrpc.com/forum-54.html)
+----- Forum: Discussion and Planning (http://board.eternityrpc.com/forum-56.html)
+----- Thread: A catch up on the events of my nations (/thread-240.html)

A catch up on the events of my nations - His Wizardness - 12-11-2016

I understand I have been inactive for quite some time so I will dedicate a chunk of my time telling you what happened with the past 2 years or so with Aflinland and Octitania and what will happen both in character and behind the scenes development.

The Empire of Octitania
A better explanation of what exactly happened before and after the civil war both in character and out.
The Octitanian civil war was at first supposed to be a fascist uprising up I was rather secretive on what was going to happen at the end result. For hundreds of years, the Empire of Octitania was isolated and quite, especially for its size. It imposed a xenophobic policy allowing hardly anyone to enter their country or out. As a result the Octitania way of life was built around the lack of foreign influence and modernization was exceedingly slow. Octitania by the late 1400's was falling far behind when it came to standard of living, technology, and maintaining its society in an ever changing world. As Polikhronon was acknowledging the problem they seemed rather apathetic at first and by the early 1500's the political landscape became so polarized that a revolution almost seemed imminent.

A young Duke charismatic and popular among the people, Diodus II, hailing from Aetos came upfront about how primitive Octitania was becoming. He called it, "The worst disaster Octitania has ever encountered." This paralleled the modernization movement to the point were the Traditionalists were on the verge of losing power on an imperial scale. However this did not stop the Duke from gaining the Imperial throne in 1557 CE. The newly crowned Emperor made great strides, sometimes recklessly. While new technologies were introduced to Polikhronon and across the Empire, it shook the social stability of the country at an unprecedented amount that Octitania had experienced.

The Duke however, was seen as a hero by many. Part of this was because the damage he had done to social stability was not apparent and if it was talk about it was usually pushed aside by many Octitanian looking to the positive things it was bringing to Octitania. Little did they know that this triggered a rise of a Fascist movement.

The Kaspalion controversy was a near political downfall of the Imperial throne and the Emperor left nearly killed. A diet was called between all of the local tribunes about the future of Octitania in 1568 CE. The fascist movement attempted to shutdown the meeting by escalating tension over complicated but touchy subjects in the Empire such a public services and more importantly modernization. (I did mention before the this subject was not discussed that much. It was true among the populous of Octitania, but was a furiously debated topic among the aristocracy)After the shutdown failed and only caused a stir among the Tribunes, the fascists tried to assassination the Emporer by releasing chlorine gas in the assembly room. This put the nation under shock and inspired the traditionalist to come into solidarity to overthrow the Emperor. To this day, there is still some speculation if Diodus has natural causes of death.

As the 1560's came to a close the Emporer was beginning to age. As a result, many began to worry about the future of Octitania and what direction the nation take. One duke from  promised to carry out Diodus' legacy to keep the nation stable. But people still did not get that only more damage was being done to society.

On The 16. Marth 1575, the Diodus the second died. It took a year for Polikhronon to explain his death. Alexander XV was elected onto a throne that little people knew was in deep trouble. Alexander quickly recognized this but was quiet about it. Most of his reign was tried to keep the growing elephant in the room from getting too big. He used every political trick in the book to keep these movements getting recognized. His lagacy is marked with passing a few pieces of law that would transition Octitania into a pollution free state. This was not an act of goodwill, he stated "but merely an act to stopped reliance on sources that are finite."

But Alexander's efforts to keep silence in the seven realms were futile. Soon, may republicans, so called "communists", and nationalists attacked the Emperor after his veto on a tariff bill failed. His statement on the New Year of 1578 fanned the flames as he directly addressed the unrest that he was hiding for so long. This was the finial straw that gave way to a new revolution that still somewhat lives on to this day.

The civil war was short lived but was silenced due to political matters. Basil II abdicated his throne as a result and a new Constitution was introduced on the second week of 1580. Many concessions were made, especially to the republicans. A bicameral system was established granted limited powers to the monarchs if at all. The upper house known as the Imperial Council consist of certain delegates that represent the duchy as a whole while the lower house, known as the Chamber of Tribunes, is proportionate on population strictly and based on popular vote.

The Empire of Octitania in 1580 elected its first Arch-Chancellor, Andor Kastaros. He is a centre-left Republican that advocates for healing the wounds that the civil war inflicted and move further into modernization of Octitania.

As for Aflinland nothing much had changed their. In fact their politics I would imagine would be in their slow period right now. Nothing noteworthy at this moment....

And for that, I hope this explained alot of things about Octitania. I will explain more in detail at a later date.

Ciao,
His Wizardness